• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

almost 7 years to the date..

Reaction score
The past few yrs (7 to be honest) have not been the easiest for me. Some know, most do not. I had to make several life changes to my life to ensure I could get to this point where I am now.. Its funny as most of the people in my life have know idea who i was just a few short yrs ago and the people from my past do not really know me anymore. Unfortunately I am also somewhere in the middle of the two as well.

Today I have taken steps to bring back a big part of who I was. Most will just not get it. Most will tell me its a unnecessary risk. a lot will tell me its a bad idea. For you, I will say I will take things slow and ease back into it. I know the dangers, I know your fear, and the worst case scenario. All of these are always with me.

Some will ask me why now? I feel its time.. I feel i need to get back to me. I need to get back to what makes me me. I might take off and just have to turn back around. It might just not feel right and if not I will be ok with that. But considering this has been in my life from age 7 (dirt) and well over 100K miles (street) Its something that calls to me. Something I feel I need to do. Yes I know how cheesy it all sounds. Some of you reading this will get it and some will not.

Today I bought a few things, did some tinkering, and after a few hrs it was time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7q7eIatAL8&feature=youtu.be

Woohoo! Glad to see you getting her back out on the road.

Life happens, and it changes priorities. We all just have to roll with it and do the best we can. Hopefully we will see you back on two wheels again soon!

I don’t want to sound flippant, but we all die eventually, whilst we are alive we should enjoy life and do the things we like. I am well over 50, I ride road bikes, dirt bikes, trial bikes, I paraglide, scuba dive, ride mountain bikes and target shoot, many of these sports are considered dangerous but I enjoy them, I suggest you do the same, we don’t need to rush to the end, but we should enjoy the trip.

I used to have a t-shirt that said “I refuse to arrive at deaths door in good health, I want to slide in broken yelling yee haw!!”.

I think you need the same t-shirt!! Just my long winded way of saying congratulations and welcome back, I really hope you enjoy getting back into the sport.

Gary

Ok , I'll bite. I can't afford to watch u tube videos. For a brief explanation, what's this about?

Welcome back! :wave:

I tried to watch the vid and all I got was a blank green screen for the whole length of the vid :shrug:

Me too, but there is some audio, towards the end, you hear a motorcycle engine start, so I assume he has bought a new bike, but I have no idea what bike it is!! :clap:

Gary

Same for me on the YouTube link, although I'm betting that instead of a new bike, Chris is dusting off the ol' Sprint1050 and getting it ready to ride again. That sound did sound like a triple if you ask me. :)

Back