• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New contestant

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
StromXtc

Honored to join fellow Texan dual sporters I'm one of those graduated Chinariders.net (BlackBike).

Got my 17vstrom650xt the Saturday after thanksgiving. Been studying that bike the whole year and noticed destination cycles in Kerrville were offering the xt for the price of the base model. Decided I better do it before someone else picked it up. There was another fellow that walked in 10 min after I and he had said that if I didnt buy it , he would. Guess it was fate that I picked it up :zen:. I road my little bashan 250 the 200 miles to Kerrville from George West and pulled the trigger. I transferred my camping provisions from the bashan bike and proceeded to the campground there close by for the night. https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...m1!1s0x865bfcc2009a9dc7:0x5c04d6460a730eatook
Took it back home at about 65mph cause I wanted to break it in easy.

Been running great and is really a dream ride to me . Latest pic with my Cosmo accessories peg lowerers, center stand, skid pan, and givi crash guard. (Technical difficulties, stand by...i see pics have to be resized to be uploaded)
pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to TWT . Your out in the middle of nobody out there :lol2: I think there are a few riders from Corpus on here occasionally. The V-strom`s are great bikes . I rode an 05 1000 for about 9 years.

Last edited:
Welcome to TWT . Your out in the middle of nobody out there :lol2: The V-strom`s are great bikes . I rode an 05 1000 for about 9 years.

Don't I know it, centex is definately the heart of activity, for all types of riders. Mostly harley types down here. been training hard for the last 3 years on every dirt road i could find. They are paving them as fast as i can find them:-(:-(:-(

Don't I know it, centex is definately the heart of activity, for all types of riders. Mostly harley types down here. been training hard for the last 3 years on every dirt road i could find. They are paving them as fast as i can find them:-(:-(:-(

Thats the good thing about stroms, you can burn up a lot of highway.

Where's the thumbs up button. Will figure it out, and will be bugging everyone in no time.;-)

Thanks for your welcome!

StromXtc

Honored to join fellow Texan dual sporters I'm one of those graduated Chinariders.net (BlackBike).

Got my 17vstrom650xt the Saturday after thanksgiving. Been studying that bike the whole year and noticed destination cycles in Kerrville were offering the xt for the price of the base model. Decided I better do it before someone else picked it up. There was another fellow that walked in 10 min after I and he had said that if I didnt buy it , he would. Guess it was fate that I picked it up :zen:. I road my little bashan 250 the 200 miles to Kerrville from George West and pulled the trigger. I transferred my camping provisions from the bashan bike and proceeded to the campground there close by for the night. https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...m1!1s0x865bfcc2009a9dc7:0x5c04d6460a730eatook

Took it back home at about 65mph cause I wanted to break it in easy.

Been running great and is really a dream ride to me . Latest pic with my Cosmo accessories peg lowerers, center stand, skid pan, and givi crash guard. (Technical difficulties, stand by)

Welcome to the site. Great bike choice. My '07 vstrom took me to from Texas to Deadhorse in 2016. Dead reliable bikes. Just put gas in it and turn the key.

They had the beige super tenere parked next to mine in the showroom. However i just sat on it once and decided i didnt want to chuck out the extra 5k or so over my budget. Still the tenere is another of those super quality jap modern marvels. Probably next in line to the highest 25k german BMW gs rides.. i was all gung ho on the yahama tenere 700 that was rumored to be available in 18, but bottom dropped out of my plans when i discovered they were going to sit on it for another year:tears:. Also who knew if it will be even marketed in North America. (That T700 is close the the proverbial unicorn bike ). Then I got serious between the versys and the strom. Lot of my research showed that the strom was what i liken to the suv in the early days. Great rides but rarely taken off pavement. They are said to be 85% street and 15% dirt. Fewer and fewer dirts to ride so just opted to a more touring bike instead. Well so far I have done about that (85/15) with about 50 miles of dirts up in Atascosa County on Christmas eve and the 75 or so miles on the slabs back home. (Trouble is, we are really having winter for a change this year, not getting many miles in between that and work. ) Also did the giant loop down to Hebbronville Texas via Highway 16 . Always see bikes on 16 for some reason down here. Pretty boring, strait and flat. Have almost 1200 mi now. Doesnt take long on the open highways of the lone star state.

Sprint and julimike:thumb:

Last edited:

Any idea who would have had a vstrom at the Kroc salvation army center in Kerrville. Was there a few weeks ago working but needed to get back to San Antonio and should have asked. Might have been a gen 2 wee. Yellow I think.

Any idea who would have had a vstrom at the Kroc salvation army center in Kerrville. Was there a few weeks ago working but needed to get back to San Antonio and should have asked. Might have been a gen 2 wee. Yellow I think.

I don't know who that is! But I'm sure I've seen (problee the same) one around here.

I like that yellow...

Welcome to TWT. I've been riding VStroms for about 7 years and no bike has managed to lure me away as yet. You're I guess about 90 miles south of San Antonio? There is a pretty good contingent of riders there, but I'd guess they're mostly on the NW side.

One good thing about the Wee is that it's an easy bike to put a lot of highway miles on, getting to your destination, although you might need some sort of comfort upgrade for your seat - I have an Airhawk cushion and it's perfect. And once you arrive, it'll get you up and down most fire or forest roads without a lot of drama.

Back