• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Reaction score
:clap::clap::rider:i want to start a thread for other XR RIDERS :rider::rider:for group rides ect and discuss about parts and ideas:rider:THIS is for all of us that own any type of XR honda . to help each other if we have a problem with our type of bike . post ride reports and kool photos and places come on XR riders :rider::rider::rider: HOW MANY XRs are in TWO-WHEEL-TEXANS :clap::rider:lets pull this together XR650L / XR650R /XR600R /XR400R /XR350R ........

SHNF035.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

lonnies007.jpg

Last edited:
Re: XR650L OWNERS SIGN IN

Gonna have better luck in the DS section because some of those guys never come out of their little corner of the site :-P So I am moving this there for you.

Me ride XR650L! :rider:

What do you want to know? My next mod is a set of Supermoto wheels.
127392[/ATTACH]"]
DSC02064.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02064.jpg
    DSC02064.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 1,207
Last edited:

Not exactly as the title states, but pretty close with an XR400 and XR600 here.

FYI, I have boxes of xr parts. Front wheel, spare xr600 engine, frame, gas tanks, petcocks, brakes, swingarm, forks, handlebars, you name it I likely have it for the xr6 or xr400. All for sale - just pm me.

Here's a shot of the xr600. I still need to get the handlebars sorted out. I want ones that are a bit taller and wider. The pic is a bit dated as I've added a rear MX fender and Baja Designs LED taillight. The 200W stator made a big difference too!

100_2891.jpg

hey there tourmeister thanks for the help i will check out the DS forum area :clap: mcloed i like your USD forks very trick also the rear shark fin protector where is whitewright TX ? pigtrail love the all white bike sounds like you have alot of parts :thumb: im looking for a xr600 rear brake protector ? tricepilot i dont know who JTHOMAS is dont have a white courtesy phone try the BAT PHONE ha ha ha:trust: PIGTRAIL montrose is not to far away from lake houston and 1960 east i like to ride the slab mostly . i got to go know everyone i will check back later :trust:

Paging Jthompson to the white courtesy phone.....

What's that buzzing in my ear?

Here's my piggy, a 2002 model.
838640265_vCxJa-L.jpg

838389799_4h8sM-L.jpg

hey there jthompson nice bike i like the plastic black tubes on the back rack what are they called for tools an such ? :mrgreen: what kind of seat is that? i would post pic of my xr650l 2007 but i dont know how yet

Th seat is a Corbin, came with the bike. The tubes are from www.agrisupply.com, sold as manual holders for farm machinery. They work great for tools, $4.99 each.

Its Pflugerville, just north of Austin. :rofl:

the picture is from Peguis Canyon, Mexico, about 20 miles south of Presidio, TX

Last edited:

:-P:-P:thumb:howdy Rman 237 ihave the same cyclerack that you have:rider:its perfect for med loads that i carry what kind of rear pipe are you running on your XR ? not sure what type of back tire you got im running AVON distanzas road tires ther ok i want more off road type tires :rider: ill have to wait till i wear these out :trust: your pic looks like your down in galveston ?

:-P:-P:thumb:howdy Rman 237 ihave the same cyclerack that you have:rider:its perfect for med loads that i carry what kind of rear pipe are you running on your XR ? not sure what type of back tire you got im running AVON distanzas road tires ther ok i want more off road type tires :rider: ill have to wait till i wear these out :trust: your pic looks like your down in galveston ?
Hi HANCOCK, I'm also running Avon Distanzas (on 17" Excel Supermoto wheels). The 2nd and 4th pics are the stock DS tires and wheels.
The pipe is a Pro Circuit T-4 spark arrestor with stock headers. The engine is de-smogged and uncorked with a Dynojet high performance carb kit.
Yes, that pic was taken on West Beach not 3mi from San Luis Pass. It was beautiful, the beach was so clean that day I couldn't even find a piece of trash to put under the stand.:thumb: I had about 10 seconds to jump off, snap the pic and get back to the bike before it fell over in the sand!:lol2:

DUDE:rider: RMAN where is north fayette county :eek2: i never been there :rider: where are you riding on those back roads looks way kool in pic # 2 -3-4 my XR650L is de smoged daves mod bar rizers (tusk) MSR high bend bars frame guards (works connections) my gears 15/45 stock:rider: maier XR600 mod fork guards. i need to learn how to post a pic ILL BE BACK later RMAN

Fayette County is about 1/2 way between Austin and Houston(:sun:God's Country!!:sun:). La Grange is the county seat.

Send me a private message and I'll give you a hand posting pics.

RMAN cant try do photos today my sister in law has the digital camra right now there near FTW/DAL texas world speed way NASCAR sat/sun she got good seats down low and close . she just called its RAINING HARD THERE right now HA HA HA :clap:she wishs it was like this:sun::sun::sun:

love the XR650L, great go anywhere bike, Clarke 4.7 gal tank and a Cyclerack

DSC_0357.jpg

at Cloudcroft :rider:

:rider::welcome: JBAY well i started this thread for us honda XR riders (pilots)that is a kool pic . ive only been to waco once a place called lake whitney motocross park :rider: ever ride there ?

Interesting story about the Cyclerack, I had heard very good reviews about it on the TW200 forum so I called Don and asked him about his rack for an XR400R. He didn't have a pic of one installed on an XR400 so I was kinda reluctant. So, this is what he told me, "I'll send you the rack, you install it. If you like it, send me a check. If you don't, send it back no questions asked". But there was a catch. If I decided to keep it, he asked "Would you please send me a picture of it installed?" Needless to say, if you go to the Cyclerack website and click XR250/XR400, you'll see a pic of my XR440!!!;-)
But it doesn't end there. I was so impressed with the rack I decided to buy another one for the 650L. Again, he didn't have a pic so..... You guessed it, that's my 650L in the pic as well!:rofl:
Look, I have no affiliation with Cycleracks whatsoever and I'm not sitting here blowin' smoke. If you want a tough rack, get a Cyclerack!! It aint made for lightweight, it aint billet aluminum, but it's tough!!!! I had to haul 150lbs of feed once(3 bags, not recomended) on the 440, no prob!

Here's a pic of my 440...

cctrip050.jpg

The 650's been known to carry a few odds and ends as well.........:mrgreen:

CIMG0655.jpg

:rider:RMAN when looked up cyclerack on the web it did show a pic of a xr650l:clap: thats kool its your bike that should make you feel good :clap::clap::clap: don told me the same thing ship now----bolt on .i called don told him check is in the mail :clap: i got good service from them :clap: this rack is perfect for my needs :patriot:

well here is a pic of my XR after a tumble in the mud. knocked the forks a little crooked and I still don't have my headlight right. I never seem to have a camera when a misshap happens. this was after I got home.

Attachments

• christmas2009 071.jpg
    christmas2009 071.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,400

I don't know if any XR riders are interested, but I'm going to camp and ride on the XR on May 1st weekend. I am heading up to Albert Pike campground in Arkansas. If any one is interested send me a pm.

Back