• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

proud new owner of a vulcan 900 classic LT

mojo

Reaction score
the wife decided she wanted to ride with me again and well the KLR just didn't fit the bill. sooo now there is a new Vulcan 900 classic LT in the garage. any Vulcan owners out there with experience and advice on the bike? so far I am loving it

I had a Classic LT awhile back. I'm guessing it was a 2011. The buffeting at 70 and over shook my head uncomfortably. After reading some forums for a solution, I tried several card board shields mounted to the forks. When I found the form I needed, I cut new shields out of plexiglas and attached them with some bands that had a rubber insert. I think the shields were about 3"x6". That's all my memory is good for. I traded it in a Super Tenere in 2013.

Enjoy it. Mine never gave me a bit of trouble.

I had a Classic LT awhile back. I'm guessing it was a 2011. The buffeting at 70 and over shook my head uncomfortably. After reading some forums for a solution, I tried several card board shields mounted to the forks. When I found the form I needed, I cut new shields out of plexiglas and attached them with some bands that had a rubber insert. I think the shields were about 3"x6". That's all my memory is good for. I traded it in a Super Tenere in 2013.

Enjoy it. Mine never gave me a bit of trouble.
I have not noticed any buffeting first thing I did was raise the shield to the highest setting seems smooth up to 80

Yours is the new and improved model. Mine didn't have an adjustable windshield. Smooth at 80 is outstanding.

Back