• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Semi-permanent SHNF thread

All of west side should be open this weekend. Always double check.

As I understand now after 1 year and 1 day ALL trails are open! Better get it while you can before the next storm starts cycle over again!

went to a test loop late yesterday on a project bike! no break down and trails were awesome.... i even found some sand:rider:

Anybody headed to SHNF this weekend - 7/8 or 7/9. Been a while since I've ridden there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another test ride in the forest... might bit dusty. Wow I forgot how hard it is to set a bike up for roots - sand - whoops and tight turns. Here is my project I fixed for a friend. 2004 ktm 450exc 183 hours engine never apart --- now it runs like new.

Last edited:
Here is the finished project

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 232
2018 OHV decals are available from TPWD now. Much easier to call and order over the phone for mailbox delivery in advance.

_

Does anyone know the conditions of the trails post Harvey? The message hasn't been updated since before the storm. I was hoping to get out there this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the conditions of the trails post Harvey? The message hasn't been updated since before the storm. I was hoping to get out there this weekend.

I'm glad you asked. It is up to us Dirt Bikers to get them open again. Same as last year Apr 2016. We had more rain in forest this year than last year, but the trails have sustained much less damage. There is some work to be done before they can open up again, though it will be much less work than last year.
Go to this link to see real time status and maybe if you want, to get involved.
Thanks,
https://www.samhoustontrails.org/trail-status/

I'm glad you asked. It is up to us Dirt Bikers to get them open again. Same as last year Apr 2016. We had more rain in forest this year than last year, but the trails have sustained much less damage. There is some work to be done before they can open up again, though it will be much less work than last year.
Go to this link to see real time status and maybe if you want, to get involved.
Thanks,
https://www.samhoustontrails.org/trail-status/
Thank you

Back