• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding Bastrop

Reaction score
We all meet at Bucc-ees, on 7/21/18 think 7 guys 3 big bikes and 4 lite weight. That was my first time to ride Bastrop and i was on my new AT, one of the big bikes, great trails, little of every think to 1 1/2 ft deep water on one trail. We had rocks & more rocks with a lose stuff I thought I was doing fair for a old guy 72 yr old guy until one of the water holes got me. I found myself laying flat on my back in the water with my right foot under my pannier brackets, The guys got the bike off me and we all laughed at about it. My son took a picture ( of coarse) with his phone of me with mud every were, mostly all over my back down rear of my pants. After that I was ready to call it a day. I am probably getting his name wrong but he will know who i am talking about. Thanks Rob for showing us around the Bastrop Trails, I will plan on meeting up with ya'll again soon after our ride in Colorado at the end of this month. Enjoyed the ride!

Last edited:
It was a pretty muddy day for everybody, but Jerry definitely took the prize. It was a pleasure to ride with you, Mr. Simpson. I hope to do it again, soon.

Going to get my son to send a couple pictures, nothing special just me with a smile and mud all over me. Might be able to see a little of the back ground of the area we were in.

Trying to learn how to upload photos for Simpson twin.

Attachments

• C52B030C-B670-4B41-893E-E678302ED75E.jpg
    C52B030C-B670-4B41-893E-E678302ED75E.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 240
  • B8D113EB-DEED-4044-833A-D80F869CB268.jpg
    B8D113EB-DEED-4044-833A-D80F869CB268.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 237
If those are the mudholes I think they are, you are lucky. They normally have at least 2 feet of water in them, and the bottom is super soft and sticky.

Back