• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 BMW R1200GS - $11,500

That is a good looking bike!

I had no idea you bought a GS!? When did that happen? Did Tracy like riding on it with you?

I had a Victory Cross Country that I had put up for sale here(I think) and on ADV rider at the end of 2016. A guy from Murfreesboro Tennessee asked if I would be interested in a swap for his GS as he had just bought an Africa Twin. I had just bought a Buell Ulysses XT from a member here and decided that I would swap for the BMW and keep the one that I liked best.

I ended up wrecking on the Buell in May, totaling it and almost totaling myself. In August my house got hit badly by Harvey, and in September I started grad school. All that is to say that I do not have the time at the moment for a touring bike. I took one trip to the hill country in February and hog hunting in Waelder in November (the picture in the first post). I think I want to sell this GS and buy a physically smaller bike.

I am not in a hurry since I own it outright and full coverage through Progressive is just over $200 for the year. If it doesn't sell then I will look into lowering springs to fit me better. Since it has the ESA suspension the cheapest option I have found is through EPM Performance to rebuild the stock ESA shock and fit shorter Hyperpro springs. Two issues that I have are that is still a $1,000 option and I am not fully convinced that riding a lowered bike did not contribute to my accident.

Yeah Tracy likes it. She still remembers you taking her for a ride on your 1150 many years ago. She likes being able to see over me instead of around me.

Last edited:
Nice looking bike . Didn't you also have a Tenere ?

Last edited:
I did. I like the GS better than the Tenere due to the lighter weight and lower CoG.

I forgot to add the rox risers and kaoko throttle lock. There may be other things I am forgetting so I will edit the original post as needed.

Re: 2012 BMW R1200GS - $9,900

Mileage is now 18,625. Price is $9,900.

New Bridgestone A41s installed.

I am interested in trades for: RnineT, R1200R, 2018 Softail.

W3BlLTKl.jpg

qai9Kr4l.jpg

3zHLFUHl.jpg

Qo9Twypl.jpg

hJkTBS6l.jpg

fatIoT6l.jpg

Q4yBtDwl.jpg

No, thank you. I am not interested in another adventure bike. I am looking to physically downsize.

Re: 2012 BMW R1200GS - $9,900

Mileage is now 18,625. Price is $9,900.

New Bridgestone A41s installed.

I am interested in trades for: RnineT, R1200R, 2018 Softail.

You want to trade for a softail??? How about a 2012 Road King?

Back