• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700

Does the X300 count? Sub 400 wet.
I'd put it with the crf250l rally. Yes they are adventure bikes, but more could be desired in the power department

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I forgot about the Versys 300 and GS 310.

Both sub 400 lb. ADV bikes with 35hp or so.

I think that counts.

Call me old school but there was a ktm (dannyboy) a beta, (kman) and crf (Webnel) at the 5 star hotel this weekend and I couldn’t keep my eyes off the Honda ! If I was only 75lb lighter [emoji30]

Call me old school but there was a ktm (dannyboy) a beta, (kman) and crf (Webnel) at the 5 star hotel this weekend and I couldn’t keep my eyes off the Honda ! If I was only 75lb lighter [emoji30]
It's a sexy bike, no doubt. I think If they do the same thing with the crf450l in a rally trim it will sell. But I'd much rather the real one, rally prepper xr650r
7d49937acecbbc2326090c91056f57ec.jpg

It is a neat looking bike, the 250 Rally I assume you mean.

If they made that same bike (with same service intervals) with a 450 or better in it, that's what I'd own right now instead of the KLR.

But after owning a CRF250L (same engine) I was happy to switch to the KLR. Doing 70mph down the road on the 250 was a beating compared to the KLR.

But I'd think the little CRF can go places off road that the KLR can't. At least, I'd think so given its 70 lbs lighter and has 2.5 more inches of suspension travel than the KLR.

I think if KTM took that 390 Duke motor and made a small ADV bike out of it, people might flock to it. Maybe they will after the 790 ADV.

Light weight, go anywhere, cruise at 75 mph comfortably all day long, while carrying all the gear you want. The perfect Adventure bike is a Unicorn, it doesn't exist now, and it won't in my lifetime.:giveup:

Are there any adventure bikes south of 400?

Depending how YOU define Adventure Riding. Maybe...

My definition is being able to go anywhere I want to. And since I am a mere mortal, with mediocre riding skills, I can't ride a 450 pound motorcycle anywhere I want to. I realize there are folks that can ride a 500 pound bike anywhere. I can't. So for me, the 690 KTM is a bike I can take anywhere I want to go, including a few long days on the highway while carrying what I need.

Utah_0085.jpg

If I were looking for a bike to do two-track exploring, the 700 Tenere or 790 Adventure would certainly be worth considering. No doubt a talented rider on one of these bikes could follow me on my 690 anywhere I go. So, as usual it'll all depend on what the rider is capable of and their definition of Adventure Riding...

I want an adventure bike made by the same folks that engineered the Amazing Chan Clan Van... :trust:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8dweVMviBQ"]Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan (Theme Song) - YouTube[/ame]

While it's certainly a cool looking bike, and using the "Goldilocks" narrative, any Adventure bike North of 400 pounds is not exactly what I'd call "just right"...

I hear ya, but that smooth parallel twin..ahh, all day comfort in a lighter middle weight.

Ps, one I read estimated 435lbs but who knows?

Last edited:
They won't be much longer. That said, they already make the 690 Enduro if you just want a dual sport that's better than the 650 dinosaurs.

As for ADV bikes, extra cylinder, radiator, 6-speed transmission, ABS, ECU, fuel injection, fairings, windscreen, human-usable seat, I guess it all adds up.

Jarr...exactly

Like duel sport tires, its all a compromise

Does the X300 count? Sub 400 wet.

If it makes it thru a couple generations evolution to around 40 to 50 hp it could quite possibly be close to perfect. With a more comfortable seat of course (hard as a rock). But then , there's always the "more power please" , crowd which will never quit.

Are there any adventure bikes south of 400?

I would love a true Yamaha WR450R configuration utilizing the same smooth wide six gear ratio in a 450 cc configuration. I am partial to Yamaha.

Right now the best contender in this field is the Husky 701 Enduro.

RB

I would love a true Yamaha WR450R configuration utilizing the same smooth wide six gear ratio in a 450 cc configuration. I am partial to Yamaha.

Right now the best contender in this field is the Husky 701 Enduro.

RB
Wr450 rally!
I'm partial to the blue ones as well.

The wait for the T7 could be almost over Yamaha has big announcement on Nov 5 ?????

Would like to see a drive shaft mid size DS
Not even BMW on that one!

& I frankly dont kno why the mfgs dont wanna do any mid sized shafties... In the eighties Honda had 500s with em.... & Yamaha had 550s... Kawa & Suzy...not so much..I think 750s were the smallest shaft dr bikes they offered.

Guzzi's been doin mid size shafts for years & the new 850 will have a shaft..you bet!

Of course..the quest for lightness is gonna prevail overall ..more than likely

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Not even BMW on that one!

& I frankly dont kno why the mfgs dont wanna do any mid sized shafties... In the eighties Honda had 500s with em.... & Yamaha had 550s... Kawa & Suzy...not so much..I think 750s were the smallest shaft dr bikes they offered.

Guzzi's been doin mid size shafts for years & the new 850 will have a shaft..you bet!

Of course..the quest for lightness is gonna prevail overall ..more than likely

Give me a GS like mine BMW with 15 more HP and a shaft drive with same seat height and I might be tempted to trade. Hopefully a little different gearing so revs are below 4K at 70mph. So less vibes at highway speed. Or how about those Japanese manufactures?

Link is on both ADV rider and the T7 Facebook site.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

From world raid to world rage

Yamaha has been showing off its Tenere 700 prototype all over the world for the last year or so. The prototype version recently finished the final stage of its tour with a ride through Europe. Although there has been a lot of fanfare for this machine, there has been little in the line of certainly about the production version. Some media are saying that it will be rolled out at EICMA. But I have some inside intel saying that the production Tenere 700 will not make it. I hope it’s not true, but that’s what I hear from the inside. If the production Tenere 700 fails to appear, it will certainly be seen as a blunder by Yamaha. Could it be an indication of problems with the bike? I guess we’ll have to wait.
Mike / @Ride2ADV
10/29/2018

I think that "inside info" probably came from outside sources....ie...hackers
No major company would spend so much $$ & time hyping a product with no end sales potential.... ITS DEFINATELY COMING

& .....there has been no reported major issues with the 700 engines that I have heard of

Mark Yopski and Peter Schramm posted in Yamaha T7 Tenere 700 World Raid - Global Group.

Mark Yopski
October 31 at 6:18 AM

EICMA

EICMA IS COMING
Eicma is coming! Don't forget to tune into our Live Streaming on November 5, 2018, at 18:00 CET #Kee...

I think that "inside info" probably came from outside sources....ie...hackers
No major company would spend so much $$ & time hyping a product with no end sales potential.... ITS DEFINATELY COMING

& .....there has been no reported major issues with the 700 engines that I have heard of

On ADVR they're saying there's suspension issues ??

Back