• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Glad to live in Tx

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Garret Black You know most if not all are stolen. You can’t even keep a dirt bike in Baltimore city legally. That’s how bad it is there.
Manage
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 14h
John Lockwood
John Lockwood Garret Black parts of new york too
Manage
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 14h
Rob Vaughan
Rob Vaughan Garret Black , you're saying if you own a dirtbike you can't keep at your home? Wow, never heard of that.
Manage
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 24m
Garret Black
Garret Black Rob Vaughan that’s correct.
Manage
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 1m
Rob Vaughan
Rob Vaughan Garret Black sad

Above is a copied section from a discussion on Facebook about the hoodlums running the streets of Baltimore on offroad vehicles. Poster says it's legal to even store your own bike in city limits of Baltimore ??

"If you have information on suspects, storage locations, etc… for dirt bikes, please text a tip, picture, or leave a voicemail

Tipline Number: 443-902-4474

Email: dirtbiketips@baltimorepolice.org

Dirt Bikes are defined as any motorcycle or similar vehicle designed for use on rough surfaces such as dirt roads or trails that are not registered under the Maryland Vehicle Law. Examples of dirt bikes include minibikes and all-terrain vehicles (ATV) either of the three or four wheel variety. No person may drive or ride any dirt bike or other unregistered motorcycle or similar vehicle on any public or private property that is located within the city of Baltimore. In addition, no person may possess any dirt bike or any unregistered motorcycle within the city of Baltimore. No service station or any other person may sell or dispense motor fuel for delivery into any dirt bike or unregistered vehicle. Any person who violates this ordinance within the city of Baltimore is subject to a fine of not more than $1,000 for each offense or imprisonment for not more than 90 days."

This on cities website, wow!

"If you have information on suspects, storage locations, etc… for dirt bikes, please text a tip, picture, or leave a voicemail

Tipline Number: 443-902-4474

Email: dirtbiketips@baltimorepolice.org

Dirt Bikes are defined as any motorcycle or similar vehicle designed for use on rough surfaces such as dirt roads or trails that are not registered under the Maryland Vehicle Law. Examples of dirt bikes include minibikes and all-terrain vehicles (ATV) either of the three or four wheel variety. No person may drive or ride any dirt bike or other unregistered motorcycle or similar vehicle on any public or private property that is located within the city of Baltimore. In addition, no person may possess any dirt bike or any unregistered motorcycle within the city of Baltimore. No service station or any other person may sell or dispense motor fuel for delivery into any dirt bike or unregistered vehicle. Any person who violates this ordinance within the city of Baltimore is subject to a fine of not more than $1,000 for each offense or imprisonment for not more than 90 days."

Well...that should solve the problem then, right? I mean, if it's illegal, then there won't be any more of them out causing problems because the people that were doing that wouldn't want to break the law.

SMH.... it's ridiculous when a community passes more laws to control something that would already be controlled if they enforced the laws already on the books.

SMH.... it's ridiculous when a community passes more laws to control something that would already be controlled if they enforced the laws already on the books.
Yes, but that is how big govt works, laws on the book are not working (ie lack of enforcement), so lets make laws that target the responsible, so that it looks like we are doing something to "protect the public".

Last edited:
Above is a copied section from a discussion on Facebook about the hoodlums running the streets of Baltimore on offroad vehicles. Poster says it's legal to even store your own bike in city limits of Baltimore ??

I'm not sure the poster is accurate. Here's a link to the BPD Dirt Bike Violations web page. There is a link at the bottom to the actual ordinance. The police can only sieze a bike if they think it has been used illegally. Okay, that's not a good deal for someone who gets their bike taken based on an accusation, but it is a far cry from "You can't keep a dirt bike... legally."

"... In addition, no person may possess any dirt bike or any unregistered motorcycle within the city of Baltimore."

I think they left a bit off. The ordinance actually reads: "No person may own, control, possess, or have custody of any dirt bike or unregistered motorcycle or similar vehicle in Baltimore City unless the vehicle is securely locked or otherwise immobilized by a wheel clamp or other object, device, method, or mechanism, whether attached to the vehicle or not, that: Prevents the vehicle from being freely moved; and cannot be removed or deactivated without the assistance of the vehicle's owner."

I'm thinking if they registered the sale of those ORVs and required the sale of them to go through a federally licensed middleman, the problem would be solved.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking if they registered the sale of those ORVs and required the sale of them to go through a federally licensed middleman, the problem would be solved.

Like a background check? Brilliant!

I love watching videos from Baltimore of all the hood rats riding stolen bikes lawlessly thru the streets. Odd how that doesn’t happen in pro-gun, pro-law enforcement areas.......

No ... just more different laws to fix the problem

I think they left a bit off. The ordinance actually reads: "No person may own, control, possess, or have custody of any dirt bike or unregistered motorcycle or similar vehicle in Baltimore City unless the vehicle is securely locked or otherwise immobilized by a wheel clamp or other object, device, method, or mechanism, whether attached to the vehicle or not, that: Prevents the vehicle from being freely moved; and cannot be removed or deactivated without the assistance of the vehicle's owner."

What a buncha heebahobba!

So locking the bike in a bank vault would be OK only if the only one with access to the vault was the bike owner . . . and the owner controlled all potential vault crackers, and explosive device wielders, and . . . . . . !!

Baltimorons is an apt term for the idjits who wrote that law!

Seriously? Just another great example of government trying to enact laws instead of enforcing the ones they have. "If we outlaw them, no one will break the law". Where have I heard that before...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
f60af9add8a0cb42442716e3c3d96759.jpg

Last edited:
[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DxRDZ0NvrQo"]Riding With the 12 OClock Boys: Dirt Biking in Baltimore | Op-Docs | The New York Times - YouTube[/ame]

Back