TWT Forums  

 


Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Introductions > Members Gallery

Notices

Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
ThaOldMan
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1
Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

I am Mark "Tha Old Man" from San Antonio, Texas.

I ride a Yamaha V-Star, my Dawg "FRED" rides with me.

I ride with the San Antonio Chapter of Patriot Guard Riders, we are riding too many missions these days.

I enjoy riding the Texas Hill Country back roads on weekends, last Sunday I did 162 miles, glorious day for a ride.
Attached Thumbnails
me&fred.jpg   Resize of SSPX0009.jpg   Resize of Da Fred Dawg.JPG  

ThaOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Gravel Guy
 
Gravel Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: T'orndale!
Posts: 7,038
Re: Gonna be another great day in South Texas

Welcome Mark!
Hey Fred....
__________________
Want to invest in a worthwhile community? My monthly donation to TWT makes me happy..........

Are you doing what you are doing in the name of love?

Mark
guido calculo
NEast of Weird, Texas
Gravel Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
M38A1
Administrator
 
M38A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North of Weird
Posts: 19,211
Re: Gonna be another great day in South Texas

Welcome!
__________________
Scott

"Everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet" - Ann Sweeney
"Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired" - Unknown


2002 BMW R1150GS - I just call it "Number 5"...
2003 Honda Rancher ES - A work in progress...
M38A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,279
Re: Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

Nice pillion ride!

Welcome to the site!
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
Thrasherg
 
Thrasherg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: McKinney, Texas
Posts: 2,874
Re: Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaOldMan View Post
I am Mark "Tha Old Man" from San Antonio, Texas.

I ride a Yamaha V-Star, my Dawg "FRED" rides with me.

I ride with the San Antonio Chapter of Patriot Guard Riders, we are riding too many missions these days.

I enjoy riding the Texas Hill Country back roads on weekends, last Sunday I did 162 miles, glorious day for a ride.
I hear you on the patriotic rides, but it is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the club and I hope we will get a chance to meet you in person and go on a few rides together.. My dog is a newfoundland and is too big to get on the back of my bike!!

Gary
__________________
15 Super Tenere ES (Mine)
17 FZ07 (Wife’s)
14 CBR500RR (Daughter #2)
06 CRF450X (Mine)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
05 & 06 CRF450X (spares for friends!)
Thrasherg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
The Bruce
 
The Bruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Between a Rock and a weird place, Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 8,294
Re: Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
TWTourist
 
TWTourist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Texas
Posts: 2,593
Re: Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

Welcome from someone a bit south of you. But I'll be moving back to SA in July. Hope to meet and ride with you and Fred.
__________________
TWTourist AKA:FJR Bandit
RWP TX 36
IBA# 49404

'12 Wee-Strom Adventure
'12 R1200RT (Gone)
'13 FJR
TWTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
tshelfer
 
tshelfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Arlington
Posts: 11,288
Re: Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

Welcome, Mark.
__________________
Tim in Arlington
'12 black Suzuki WeeStrom
Preach the gospel. And if necessary, use words - Francis of Assisi

'05 red VStrom - sold
'79 Honda CB650 - sold
'75 Honda CB400F Super Sport - sold
'74 Suzuki TS185 enduro - liberated by a needy soul
'72 Yamaha RT3 enduro - sold
tshelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
WilliamSven
 
WilliamSven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 71
Re: Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaOldMan View Post
: my Dawg "FRED" rides with me.

.
GO FRED !!!

I met you at that HEB grocery store off NW military highway, some time ago..

I parked I forget what one of my dual sport 650cc near to yours in the front "bike parking area" ...
Now, if anyone ever wants to meet girls, do something like that... and put a small dog like Fred with puppy sunglasses in the crate / carrier on the back of the bike.
because as I stood next to my bike next to yours, eating my sushi & chocolate lunch, at least one or two girls - every-other minute came by with the "OMG OMG GAG CUTE" ""IS THAT YOUR DOG OMG" - (had my cycle gear on)
It would have been like, fish jumping in the boat if I was really looking.
WilliamSven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
grandpaul
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Laredo, TX
Posts: 594
Re: Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow new guy.
__________________
-GrandPaul
My TWT Gallery
Proprietor of Born Again Bikes Refurbs & restorations
Host of the Vintage Bikes Forum
grandpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,279
Re: Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSven View Post
GO FRED !!!

I met you at that HEB grocery store off NW military highway, some time ago..

I parked I forget what one of my dual sport 650cc near to yours in the front "bike parking area" ...
Now, if anyone ever wants to meet girls, do something like that... and put a small dog like Fred with puppy sunglasses in the crate / carrier on the back of the bike.
because as I stood next to my bike next to yours, eating my sushi & chocolate lunch, at least one or two girls - every-other minute came by with the "OMG OMG GAG CUTE" ""IS THAT YOUR DOG OMG" - (had my cycle gear on)
It would have been like, fish jumping in the boat if I was really looking.
Cute puppies have that effect on most girls... I used to take mine to the local soft ball park to watch a girl friend's team practice/play and man... if I hadn't already had a girl friend... it was a great way to meet girls!
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
WilliamSven
 
WilliamSven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 71
Re: Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

by himself, I dont believe Fred had magic powers. but, mix it up, Fred IN the crate, on the back of the big cruiser, with Freds little special sunglasses, and wholy crap.
Long ago, some of us used to borrow a buddys Siberian Husky Puppy and sit on a bench near Boston commons...well.. have you ever seen a husky puppy.. what they look like... .
at HEB, I personally saw the dogs sunglasses worked as well, or better than the Husky puppy in a busy college metro area.

thanks for the welcome, see yalls on the roads ( and trails if you dual sport it.. )
WilliamSven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
xcgates
 
xcgates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX :)
Posts: 1,238
Re: Mark "ThaOldMan", San Antonio, Tx.

Dogs... going to have to remember that!
__________________
'99 VFR800FI - unnamed redheaded Japanese beauty
ST3 - TARDIS (credit to sKatZ)
'79 Suzuki GS850G - carb bodies in the kitchen, slides on my computer desk...

"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl, when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you."
xcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Introductions > Members Gallery

Notices


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Rights Reserved, Scott Friday 2003-18.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.18459 seconds with 11 queries