• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas 450 (500 + actually) October 12 - 13 -14 2012

Listen here, Scottish taffy, this is east Texas..

How bout some leaky john-boats?

Sure, if it'll stop raining for 5 minutes. :mrgreen:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88998

Yea (what Rman says) ! Follow his link if you forgot that one!

Im willing but if it is really wet, will be too much of this for my candy a r s e:
DSC02839_zps752a1a06.jpg

Last edited:
Yea (what Rman says) ! Follow his link if you forgot that one!

Im willing but if it is really wet, will be too much of this for my candy a r s e:
DSC02839_zps752a1a06.jpg

Agreed, especially if hot! That would be killer.

It doesn't have to be dry very long to avoid the clay. If there are a good 2 days or so of sun, there will be mudholes, but those nasty clay stretches will be dried up.

We know mud on this ride!
Look forward to riding it this year, with out too much rain. A little keeps the dust and temp down.

My bike will be on the road Tuesday. (God Willing)

My weekends are Wednesday/Thursday, but could possibly be Mon/Tue.

Anyone interested in making it on those days?

My bike will be on the road Tuesday. (God Willing)

My weekends are Wednesday/Thursday, but could possibly be Mon/Tue.

Anyone interested in making it on those days?

Is the ET450 an established annual October event or does such a thing need to be set up informally?

It generally happens in October. There is usually a post with general discussion about dates, direction and such. Then someone takes the bull by the horns, last year Jqueen did that and started a new thread like this.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97356&highlight=450
I'm surprised a general thread discussion for 2015 has not started.

Last edited:
October will most likely be do-able for me.

I've gotta get some time with the new KTM, and see where I'm at on getting some lights wired up.

East Texas 450 (500 + actually) October 2015

WOW - October's almost on us, another year shot in the butt but, despite some disappointments an extraordinarily good one. And it ain't over by a long shot

I'd be good to go the wknd after I get back from Baja Rally 3.0 and that looks to be the 6th or 7th assuming I don't kill myself off chasing the race or riding in the (rocky!) hills above the border along Old Hwy80 after the rally OR that surgery I'm trying to have done, like, NOW (next week, so I have 5wks recovery time before heading for Baja) is foiled by the Medical Mafia and I can't get it done until afterward (BOO!).

If it has to be October, I'm out. Don't think my old' bod can recover from two operations well enough to wrestle a bike within 2wks and RTB-6 is the last wknd on Oct so that's out. I'm to get the results of the Ultrasound and other tests Monday (tomorrow) and will know more then but I think I'll be shopping for a surgeon who is READY to go to work. Details available at the first available bonfire.

Now ... September:
Dependent on the test results and my ability to find a specialized surgeon who's twiddling his thumbs, September may or may not be possible except for 10th-13th (or maybe 14th - 29th Annual Memorial Rally, been ging since #7 in '93) and 19th-23rd will be final preps and loadout for Baja Rally 3.0, Heading West on the 24th, not back until prob'ly Oct 6th, but could be the 7th.

Not many definitely availables, but there are some maybe dates.

If I am incapacitated for riding (like recovering from being whacked on or banged up from falling off a big rock above Jacumba Hot Springs, or in Baja), but otherwise mobile, I'll set up a couple of cameras at the KOA to get videos of the Northern bunch leaving (and maybe the Southern cadre coming in, or leaving the next morning. I found out last year that snapshots are too hard with riders anxious to peel out and get to the dirt, and that the pocket camera was the wrong weapon.

Of course, I'd rather be riding. :rider:

garfey, when I was a kid I used to roll my eyes at old men who constantly complained about their back, now here I am constantly complaining about my back. :rofl: :doh:

Ain't it amazing how one's perception changes when one is the one hurting?

New Doctor on board; an "adequate" supply of Carisoprodol (Soma) and Tramadol are on the way, or supposed to be, Rx's fax'd to the Mail Order Pharmacy yesterday.

And, after yesterday's consultation and a phone call last week from the Sturgeon's Nurse, it looks like I can put off the failed-hernia-repair repair until November. The other, more immediate problem is not going to require surgery, Thank doG! Just waiting on a couple of test results to have that taken care of. :clap::clap:

So, I'll be all practiced up from Baja and SoCal. And we'll be back on the 5th.

I B READY!! :rider:

p.s. - Anybody ever ridden Buttermilk Road from Diboll to intersect FM326 at Bald Hill, ~4mi from US69, halfway between Lufkin and Huntington? It has sand, it has gravel, it has ruts, it has opportunities to run off the road into a creek or two, and it has beaucoup tree tunnels. NEAT-O!

Last edited:
I would love to do another one of these but October is looking to be a very busy month for me and TravelDiva. Gonna have to play it by ear at this time...

I'm a grab the horns by the bull kind of guy, and I'd start a '15 thread, but my weekends are Monday/Tuesday, so, a weekend trip, for me, is not exactly in the cards.

Basically I'm gonna sit on the sidelines on my new KTM and watch everyone else have fun.

Probation year at work SUCKS!

Last edited:
Back