• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

XR600r jetting

Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Just picked up an old beater XR600r, 96 model for a trip to Colorado. Seems to run well, jetting seems to be pretty close hete in Austin. Should i rejet before riding Co.? Will be staying and riding in Silverton area. Thanks for info. Bike is more or less stock, slip on and foam air filter is all i see non stock. Thanks again

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Check the plugs. Brown is good.

Another thread I just read was about jetting at altitude and had an excellent chart for how much less or more of a jet you need at a given altitude and temperature.

I just bought some jets for the SL350 (115s, 120 is stock) for an upcoming ride in NM. Trying to get this old classic up and down from 6 to 10K might be rough.

Good luck with the XR600R.

Just did the COBDR last week out of Ouray, Co. On klr650's, had people say it's not
necessary. If I had it to do again I would not hesitate to re-jet.

Just my .02 I ran two different 600XRs in CO for 10 years, along with an XR650r. Jetting may not be needed for the big thumper. Most ran fine at altitude as long as they ran fine at sea level. The bikes that had jetting issues every 2-3K feet were 2 strokes and XR400s. The big bores were somewhat immune.

Back