• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Michigan

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westveld
Hello!

I'm riding the Big Bend area this week (Nov 19-25)
Would love to ride with someone
Also looking for a guide of sorts for a day trip South of the border.
Nothing shady, I just know better than exploring solo there with my lack of experience.

Ok, I'll get on with it!
New to the forum, found it looking for interesting places to ride in TX.
I brought a KTM 500 EXC on a hitch carrier along. 1 gal extra fuel because I have range anxiety :eat:

I'm a pretty ok rider. The light bike helps. Good dirt tires.
I wear as much safety gear as practical. Much cheaper than the ER

Middle aged. Used to do rally racing until it got too $$

Cheers,
Matt

Welcome! I have no big bend experience so I'm not any help there. But some folks should be along shortly. I know some guys are talking about a December big bend trip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site! :wave:

There are usually a lot of folks out a Terlingua and the surrounding area from Thanksgiving through the New Year. You might want to post up a thread down in the dual sport section to see if you can find someone to hook up with. There are riders heading South of the border on a fairly frequent basis.

Heading into Big Bend ranch state park now, might be out of touch for a bit, will check back in a day or 2

BBRSP is a great place for your 500! Be sure to ride Fresno Canyon out and back! However, if you are riding alone, be VERY CAREFUL. Emergency services will be a LONG time coming out there!! (even a life flight).

Back