• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM 1090R Thread

Here’s mine ready for the CDR my dad and I did this summer. The bike was perfect as was the ride itself. It really just feels like a big dirt bike when it needs to. I also did 887 miles across Texas in July in one day so it’s quite the cruiser as well.

As far as mods, it’s a big list. Altrider skid plate and rear rack, Rottweiler intake and emissions delete, Powercell cruise control, Clearwater Erica lights, IMS ADV II pegs, Arrow mirrors, Guglatech 3 stage fuel filter system, high fender and then a bunch of little stuff. Such an amazing bike.

a0f368a88d73efd9184ef4c95099e45d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've looked at the high fender kit for my 1090R. What kit did you use and what does it do with the horn and temp sensor ? What fork guard kit are you using ? looks like it bolted right to the stock original fender holes !

Last edited:
I've looked at the high fender kit for my 1090R. What kit did you use and what does it do with the horn and temp sensor ? What fork guard kit are you using ? looks like it bolted right to the stock original fender holes !

Mine is the Tusk kit from Rocky Mountain ATV. The horn is just relocated on a bracket and I ziptied the temp sensor to a part of the main bracket if I remember correctly. Pretty easy. I'd probably go with the Slavens setup if I had to do it again, mostly because I don't like the bracket used for the lower fork guards. Very weird and it ends up with a bolt sticking out that I don't like.

What rear sprocket did you decide on? Impressions?

I haven't gotten that far in my build yet. Right now my suspension is with Konflict. I have until late May to early June before my son and I head to Idaho for the IBCDR. We may do the Colorado BCDR 2019 first then do the IBCDR in 2020. As soon as I get my suspension back, I plan on ordering both rear sprockets. I'll let ya'll know which one I decide to run and why. I wasn't looking for speed when I bought this bike, but I don't want to sacrifice too much fuel mileage. I really enjoy the 200++ miles per tank of fuel and would really hate to lose that ! ! !

May just take the whole thing off and go naked. More wind pressure but at least it’s clean and quiet.

I frequently did that when I had an 1150 GS, especially when it got hotter out. The extra air flow was nice and it was quieter.

Mine is the Tusk kit from Rocky Mountain ATV. The horn is just relocated on a bracket and I ziptied the temp sensor to a part of the main bracket if I remember correctly. Pretty easy. I'd probably go with the Slavens setup if I had to do it again, mostly because I don't like the bracket used for the lower fork guards. Very weird and it ends up with a bolt sticking out that I don't like.

The Slavens kit is the one I was looking at because I liked the fender selection better but in the instruction on the web sight, it didn't say what they did with the horn and sensor, so I didn't buy it....yet ! :lol2:
I hadn't seen a fork guard kit that mounted to the factory holes on the 1090R which was another reason I hadn't bought a high fender kit.

Got the front forks put back on and went with Slavens Racing for my high fender and they also offer a fork guard kit and it is now installed. Waiting on rear tire to come in so I can finish assembling the rest of what I've bought so far. I will post pictures when I get it back together.

Back