• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kurt Caselli Tribute Bike

Johnf3

Reaction score
I don't think there are a lot of members that keep up with motorcycle racing here, but I know there are some that will appreciate. Kurt Caselli passed away racing the Baja 1000 last year. He was the USA's fastest and most versatile off road racer at the time. His star was also rising quickly as a Rally racer and was slated to pilot a factory KTM last year at Dakar, which was after Baja.

I was a huge fan of Kurt. Watch some of his old you tube videos if you have never had the opportunity to see him ride a motorcycle. He was amazing.

This is worth checking out.

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/custom-roland-sands-ktm-bike-honors-legacy-of-kurt-caselli/

The guy's riding was just amazing. One of those rare instances when natural ability meets up with dedicated practice to put someone in a class of their own.

Probably set up for the dunes, I guess, hence the fat front. Maybe that is just Roland Sand's style. Didn't hurt its ability to jump though, if you watch the video feature. I am glad it is going to raise major funds for the Caselli Foundation. I am over 50 and probably past the stage for heroes, but Kurt C. was my favorite. I have never seen anyone else ride a dirt bike like him.

Great looking bike. Hope they make lots of money.
Thanks for posting.

I have to agree the front tyre choice is odd, but that is easily changed!!

Gary

Agree +2

Forget about the dirty stuff. Give it some race slicks and ride its wheels off at GSS.

Right Stanton? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

I like the Bobber front end or is it a TW200? Very nice!

Since the fork tubes on the tribute bike are bigger than toothpicks, that would rule out the TW200 front end.:giveup: The front end is modified stock KTM. They laced up a wider front rim to the stock KTM hub.

I checked the auction and the bike is up to 16.3K. Ends 11/29.

Back