• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FJR1300 - adding (night) visibility

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
It seems one of the first and most basic mod for the FJR is adding the reflective decals which I did, along with the small LED break light above the plate.

Fender.jpg

Last edited:
:thumb: I was riding behind another member who has these earlier this month in Arkansas and was really suprised how well they lit up during daytime rainy conditions also.

:thumb: I was riding behind another member who has these earlier this month in Arkansas and was really suprised how well they lit up during daytime rainy conditions also.

That woulda been me.:mrgreen:

It's nice to know that those things work so well. I used this version (type 5) that has the FJR1300 graphics on them. http://www.realtimeindustries.com/pictures/5x13%20fjr_full.jpg They only cost $16 + shipping.

For the brake flasher, I've been pleased as punch with the very visible setup discussed at http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41757

CDC after seeing what you did there I thought I would take a stab at doing the same to my FJR.

Here is what I ended up with

DSCF0035-1-1.jpg

Looks good, I like the two color combination.

It is an 09 And I am not really fond of black bikes. So I added some white reflective to the sides also.

Day time shot.
DSCF0025-2-1.jpg

Night time shot.
DSCF0046.jpg

I Put some rim stripes on my FZ6. I then bought 2 8x11 sheets of black reflective tape and stuck it to the rear sets, along the top of the fairing, down the sides of the forks, down the radiator shroud, round the rear number plate light and some stripes on the back of the turn signals.

I think it works. What do you think.

Attachments

• No Flash small.jpg
    No Flash small.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 191
  • With Flash small.jpg
    With Flash small.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 212
I really like the way that works on your faring and your rim stripes look great.

I never did get the hang of doing the rims. I used every bit of the rim tape I had doing the front rim. The left side still does not look all that good. Maybe I will buy some more and try to do the rear rim but then again maybe not.

I have a bunch of black left over from doing the back of the bags. So I think I will give it a try on the fairing. Thanks for the idea.

I just finished installing a Givi case bought from a member here (ChubbyDodds) and added a reflective insert to the red plastic lens that seems bright with the camera flash.

GiviSddleReflect-s.jpg

GiviSddleSide-s.jpg

Continuing with the "visibility" thought, I added a set of Hyperlites... so now I have the led bar above the plate and the hyperlits flashing a few seconds before going solid.

IMG_0251.jpg

Last edited:
Back