• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

quality welder in the DFW area?

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Looking for somebody in the DFW area to cut and weld a 4" rise into my clipons. Anybody know of a welder who's capable that you'd trust your life with?

Tracker said:
Looking for somebody in the DFW area to cut and weld a 4" rise into my clipons. Anybody know of a welder who's capable that you'd trust your life with?
Steel or Aluminum? Do you have the material for the 4" rise ? If Aluminum, is it cast?

looks like steel to me. I don't have the material for the riser section.

http://www.leavelles.net/images/S3/s302.jpg

Are these usually built out of chromolly and heat treated after they're welded, unless cast/heat treated aluminum?

I'm thinking I could cut the U section between the fork tube clamp and the handlebar at a 45 degree angle, then rotate the handlebar piece 90 degrees and insert another U or box section for the riser. The section between the fork tube clamp and the handlebar is actually U-channel, not a box section. Something like this:

Attachments

• clipon mod.PNG
    clipon mod.PNG
    2.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I trust my life on my welds.:trust: I shortened my dogbones for the rear suspension so it would give me more lift. But the dogbones on a Warrior are just good ole' mild steel, so it is a whole different ball game then what you are talking about. At least that's what I'm sticking with since I've never seen the material before.

Back