• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

wtb youth girl's riding pants size 7/8

brg

Reaction score
my daughter has begun to ride with me a bit and I'm looking for a pair of mesh riding pants that she can throw on over her jeans when she rides with me. She is 8 years old, and is a string bean. Her mother tells me she wears a size youth 7/8 pant.

thanks!

Good luck.

The best we have been able to do is use dirt bike riding pants, which have no armor typically. My daughter wears a pair of football pants, with the tailbone, hip, thigh and knee armor/pads. She puts the dirt bike pants on over that for abrasion protection.

We have not been able to find actual road gear small enough to fit, other than an XS Ladies jacket.

We're in the same boat. I have found a XS ladies jacket that fits fairly well. But pants are hard to find. I might have to just punt and do what you're doing.

I'm at the Kubota dealership on the loop in Crockett. If you are ever in Crockett during normal business hours, stop by and see me, I'd like to visit with you! Greg

I try to avoid Kubota dealerships :-P Every time I go in one I spend too much money!

We keep the local Kubota dealer in business :lol2:

My daughter likes the football pant solution, but it pretty much means you are dressing specifically for the ride unless you take other clothes with you and have a place to change once you arrive at your destination. For boots, she wears her dirt bike boots. We did find some XS ladies gloves that fit her, summer and winter (water proof) gloves.

We have had the same problem. However, the solution was rockymountainatv.com

Daughter is too tall and thin for youth. But too small for womens.

We were able to find a set of womens pants that fit her. Each brand hits different. Meaning some run big and some run small. We learned by trial and error. Took us three times to get it right. They have a fit guarantee. We actually held onto two pairs and shipped them back together which saved us in long run.

Contact rockymountainatv via chat and explain what you are trying to do. Say daughters waist is 28 and what does this equate to in this specific pants.

I find there are tons of options for kids these days....just gotta get sizing correct.

I will have to check RMATV. I order a lot of parts from them but have never ordered riding gear from them. Thanks for the tip!

We have had the same problem. However, the solution was rockymountainatv.com

Daughter is too tall and thin for youth. But too small for womens.

We were able to find a set of womens pants that fit her. Each brand hits different. Meaning some run big and some run small. We learned by trial and error. Took us three times to get it right. They have a fit guarantee. We actually held onto two pairs and shipped them back together which saved us in long run.

Contact rockymountainatv via chat and explain what you are trying to do. Say daughters waist is 28 and what does this equate to in this specific pants.

I find there are tons of options for kids these days....just gotta get sizing correct.

Pecos, can you give me the specifics on what you purchased? I called RMATV and they told me they didn't have anything smaller than a women's XS. Unfortunately, this is still way too big for a 60lb 8 year old. Thanks

MSR Women's Axxis Pant Size 8 Black/Pink

We started with a size 2, which was way to small. And sized incorrectly. Then ended up with an 8. And she can grow into it. Even at an 8, its sized incorrectly.

Each brand sizes differently.

Measure her waist. Then talk with customer support.

Sounds like she needs to be in youth pants. It took us 3 times to get right. However, now she has great fitting pants.

I put up a pair FS here not too long ago that my wife only used a couple of times. Size 8.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113686

Thank you charrito, but I think she needs "youth" sizing, not adult. She is a tiny little thing!
607a1821ab528dc141532ae75093bed4.jpg

Thank you charrito, but I think she needs "youth" sizing, not adult. She is a tiny little thing!
607a1821ab528dc141532ae75093bed4.jpg
So is my wife. When she can't find petite clothing she has to look in the youth section, even children sometimes.

I do have to say, she finds a lot of the same stuff a lot cheaper by doing so!

A lot of the large youth stuff turns out to be the exact same item as a petite item in the 'women' section....yeah, TMI, but I am the guy who holds the purse for her while she's shopping.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Until you find suitable pants, I would recommend getting some dirt bike knee/shin guards. They have armor and padding. You can usually find decent ones at the store from $15-50 depending on what you like. If you do go over, those knees are going to be one of the first things to hit...

Until you find suitable pants, I would recommend getting some dirt bike knee/shin guards. They have armor and padding. You can usually find decent ones at the store from $15-50 depending on what you like. If you do go over, those knees are going to be one of the first things to hit...

Do you think Academy would carry those?

Do you think Academy would carry those?

I doubt it. But any bike shop should have them. I think the pair we got were about $20. They just have velcro straps that go around the leg. They are worn over jeans or leggings. If the girls wear leggings, they will put the pads on over the leggings and then put dirt bike pants on over the leggings/pads. Like many things, you can spend a little or a lot ;-)

Academy did have the football pants with the padding/armor. Both kids have taken to wearing those and then putting the dirt bike pants on over them. These have knee, thigh, hip, and tailbone protection. I think they were around $40. We got the dirt bike pants off the clearance rack at the bike shop.

Back