• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

High ISO woes...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
One aspect of shooting I really enjoy is night and low light. Yet I don't care for the noise present even after running some noise reduction in LR. Duke has shown me some of my work I gave him with a pass through Nik? and although slight, I can see an improvement. So that might be an option down the road. (Or.... I hear the D4 does a really nice job at the higher ISO's like 12500)

I upgraded from a crop body D90 to the full-frame D700 for a variety of reasons, one of which was the increased ISO capabilities of the D700. I've been fairly pleased with the performance so far. Yet the other night I had a heck of a time with noise I didn't think I should have had.

Shooting at 6400 to start, then trying 5000 and then 3200, I saw an improvement in results. But those first few shots at 6400 left me scratching my head wondering what-in-the-world-has-happened-to-my-camera.

After a dozen shots like this, I was ready to order via iPhone the D4 body right then and there. So here is a fairly dark (ok - it WAS dark) venue. I'm looking at a little 3.5" so-so resolution screen and this is all I see for my images. :giveup: Look at the jacket. Closely. And imagine what YOU would be thinking.

i-M7mvcmN-XL.jpg

You'd be going - OMG! WHERE DID ALL THOSE PIXELS COME FROM? IS MY SENSOR WHACKED OUT? IS IT DIRTY? ARE THEY DEAD PIXELS?

Never fear. IF you ever see this, it's probably just sequins. :rofl:

Look at the jacket. Closely. And imagine what YOU would be thinking.

i-M7mvcmN-XL.jpg

You'd be going - OMG! WHERE DID ALL THOSE PIXELS COME FROM? IS MY SENSOR WHACKED OUT? IS IT DIRTY? ARE THEY DEAD PIXELS?

Not exactly

I get purple jacket hipster guy playing guitar

Back