• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Add on lens for smart phone from Sony

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Interesting...

http://www.adorama.com/alc/0014301/...one-Attachable-Lens-Style-Cameras-First-Look/

You don't have to keep the lens-sensor attached to your smartphone. You can remove it and shoot separately, using either the shutter that's built into the lens barrel, or operating it from your smartphone's touch screen. You can mount the lens-sensor to a tripod—there's a standard tripod mount—either attached to a smartphone or separately. You can also operate the lens-camera from a tablet computer, although Sony has not yet created a way to attach the unit to your tablet.

sony_cams_2_653px.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a gadget guy at heart, but this seems like it wasn't well thought out. A lens/camera combo that requires a smartphone or tablet for use as the viewfinder. So if your phone battery dies you can't take pictures or use the phone. The prices of the two models make it in the same range as equivalent standalone cameras.

The only upside I see is for remote shooting with the camera in one spot and the phone/viewfinder in another spot. Not clear from the Adorama review if the camera can be fired remotely. They mention that the shutter release is on the camera, but I'd hope the smartphone app can trigger it too.

Back