• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do you have a Darkroom?

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
M38A1's post on another thread caused me to wonder if anyone still has a Darkroom and/or is still processing film in this "Digital Age".

So, do you have a Darkroom?

Me, I have had several Darkrooms over the years: a closet, a tool shed in the Garage, the bathroom. I have built sinks to hold my trays, carried water from the house to the tool shed because of no running water, even set my Enlarger on the toilet and my sinks in the bathtub.

But several years ago I shut it down and sold everything but the Enlarger (it was a Christmas gift from my parents when I first started photography). I recently bought tanks, reels, negative sleeves, etc and am getting back into it.

However, no darkroom, only the Bathroom with the Enlarger on the toilet, towels under the doors and trays in the bathtub. :brainsnap Right back where I started.

However, no darkroom, only the Bathroom with the Enlarger on the toilet, towels under the doors and trays in the bathtub. :brainsnap Right back where I started.

That was sooooo me in high school and at my first duty station in the Navy.

I still have my enlarger (somewhere), but have not touched it since I mailed it back to my parents when I was transferring out of that command in 1990, its been a while.

For me, its a lost art.

one of the forum regulars from a while back (MackTruckTuner???) used to post up film camera captures, not sure if you had a dark room or sent film off?

He shot and processed medium format stuff.... Really nice too.

I had a darkroom in operation from 1972 to 1978 then sold it. Bessler 23C with two lenses, carriers, trays, tongs, print dryers blahblahblah. Just recently I acquired three "doubles" with 35mm reels. All I need now is jugs and chemicals. Precision Camera can scan the negatives for now if I go down that path.

Kinda reminds me of that scene in the Iron Giant.

3430302178_ec470c3e2c_o.jpg

kent_zps38c21430.jpg

:rofl: In all seriousness though, I'm sorry, I don't have a darkroom :lol2:

I still have mine but it's collecting dust in the attic. I think some things like the film development cans got pilfered by offspring for photography courses.

Would I like to do it again, absolutely not. :lol2:

I have a room with a very weak light bulb - it is kinda dark...

Back