• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Old Gas Stations

DaveC

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Carter
Hiway 6 and 914
100_0173.jpg

The Attandants house

100_0175.jpg

I assume this was a gas station at one time, it has a gas pump out front.
DSC02387.jpg

DSC02388.jpg

Scranton, TX on a ride just after Thanksgiving, 2006.

Attachments

• ScrantonTX-PremierGas.jpg
    ScrantonTX-PremierGas.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 127
Somewhere near Lake Somerville.

31667693-M.jpg

Skid

BMWbabe said:
neat idea for a thread..I'll have to hunt some up..does it have to be in Texas?
Well I see that I am going to have to return to my locations and add the bike into the photo :doh: Any old station well do. i have seen them in the oddest places! They were like the dollar stores are now, :rofl:

You Beat me to it Skid. I had to go back and remember how to post an image with out Snoopsters help! I still jacked it up you have to click on the image or have great eye sight.

Slightly off topic, but I'll post it anyway.:giveup:

This is a great thread! I have said many times will traveling the backroads of coastal Alabama and Florida, places that were made "obsolete" by Interstate 10, that I'd like to do a coffee table book of all the old stores / gas stations that are no longer in use, or that have been turned into something else.

klrno2 said:
Decatur, Texas It's made of petrified wood.
46126673-M.jpg

46126669-M.jpg
Cool pics, reminds me of that restaurant up in Clayton OK. with all the petrified wood...yabba dabba doo.

Back