• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Penske Shock for Bandit 1250

Reaction score
Less than a year old and about 3000 miles. Hardly any rain riding.

Has a 900lb spring good for 160-190lb sport-touring riders. Comes with everything you'd get from Penske. Has adjustable ride height to get your Bandit turning even better.

Asking $500 plus shipping.

Attachments

• P1150142.JPG
    P1150142.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 163
  • P1150139.JPG
    P1150139.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 151
  • P1150140.JPG
    P1150140.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 151
  • P1150141.JPG
    P1150141.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 146
  • P1150143.JPG
    P1150143.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 153
Drop:
I'm a sucker for stuff for the Bandit. Please explain to me why I need this. What will it do to make my bike handle or ride better? If it's wonderful, why are you selling it? What did you replace it with?
Thanks in advance.
Old

Raising the rear sharpens the steering geometry and places more weight on the front wheel making if feel more planted. The ride would be similar to other aftermarket shocks but these are almost $950 new and three way adjustable so it's probably a better shock all around.

I'm selling it because I traded my Bandit for an FJR

Last edited:
To be clear:

the ability to raise the rear without changing pre-load?

Is the attachment a remote reservoir? What corresponding work did you do to he front?

I have been feeling the need for more weight on the front recently, but I detest downward-canted saddles.

Yes, independent of the preload. There's a threaded eyelet at the bottom of the shock that increases the length, which raises the rear. The attachment is a remote reservoir which increases performance although I'm not sure of the specifics.

I also put Traxxion Axxion cartridges in the forks I could also sell for $500, together they turned my Bandit into a totally different bike.

http://ridermagazine.com/2016/06/02/traxxion-dynamics-ak20-axxion-cartridge-kit-review/

Actually I could do both for $900. That's like getting the shock for free.

Stock motorcycle are set up very conservatively to suite a very wide range or rider weights. This also includes the steering geometry, when you customize it for your weight and riding style everything changes dramatically for the better. Just like a windscreen, seat or anything else.

Last edited:
I also put Traxxion Axxion cartridges in the forks I could also sell for $500, together they turned my Bandit into a totally different bike.

http://ridermagazine.com/2016/06/02/traxxion-dynamics-ak20-axxion-cartridge-kit-review/

Actually I could do both for $900. That's like getting the shock for free.

Did you do the cartridges with stock fork springs? If not, what brand rate/wld they be included?

Why whole-hog cartidge instead of RaceTec springa and emulators?

The one thing that bugs about the Penske shock is they didn't make it remote adjusting....THAT is a Bandit issue Suzuki should have addressed by now.

The cartridges have .95's also matched to the shock for a 160-190lb rider. Not sure what brand but as good as anything for the price I paid. It's nice because you can drop them right in and be done with it. Takes about an hour but you do need a spring compressor

There are advantages to swapping the whole cartridge, but too complicated for me to understand. They come with fully adjustable forks caps which is a nice advantage as you can kinda see here

Attachments

• P1130793.JPG
    P1130793.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I see this is old. But I am brand new to the site. I am shopping for suspension upgrades for my 16 1250. Shock or fork cartridges still available?

Back