• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Charles Nix(MeterMonkey)

Reaction score
Hi Folks. Been riding dirt for years. Pavement not as long. Currently on a '14 Super Tenere.

Welcome from central Texas. You picked a good bike for street riding plenty of folks here swear by the Tenere. Are you planning on doing any motorcycle camping? KP

Yes. I have some gear and trying to sort out my load. Havent made a camp trip yet. Had one planned last year and Hurrican Harvey fouled it up. Any excuse to be out doors is good for me(as long as temp is above freezing).

Yes. I have some gear and trying to sort out my load. Havent made a camp trip yet. Had one planned last year and Hurrican Harvey fouled it up. Any excuse to be out doors is good for me(as long as temp is above freezing).

We try to camp about 8 times a year all over the state. Make sure to check out the forum area of TWT for all future events in the Upcoming ride area for camping and Texas ride gatherings. We have threads for camping gear also if you are still trying to figure out what to buy. KP

Last edited:
Welcome from another TWT Tenere rider. Macdaddy's 2014 ST seems much faster than my 2016 ST. It couldn't have anything to do with the rider, could it? ;-)

Im a Tx Panhandle transplant. Only been here about 10 years. I grew up riding at Lake McClellan, Waynoka Ok Sand Dunes, and Eastern New Mexico Off Road.
The trip in April looks like fun. I love the Hill Country.

Back