• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TimmyB

Reaction score
I'm a new guy on the Forum.
I have owned the Bandit 1250 since last summer June really enjoyed the bike outside of a few issues.
The suspension being one of them.
I decided to do the gold valves and did not follow the directions put my Forks all back together then called the racetech people and ask them if I had to drill the bleed hole. Well of course they said yes they won't work properly if you don't drill the bleed. Well spent another few hours taking the forks back apart pulling the valving out and drilling 2 micro holes.
Of course with the fresh Loctite on the valve to Fork Bolt I ended up having to use a small torch tip on my acetylene torch and heat the bolt a little bit to break the lock tight.
I just wanted to share that story in case someone else is like me and doesn't always follow instructions.
MUCH EASIER TO THOROUGHLY READ EVERYTHING FIRST.....
Great forum lots of good info.

Welcome and cograts on owning a 1250. Yes the valve install is a bit involved and not for everyone. Glad you got it sorted out. One of the first mods on mine was 1.1 kg. Racetech springs and 5 wt. fork oil to overcome the under sprung and over damped stock set up.

Welcome to the forum! Dang that locktite.. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and cograts on owning a 1250. Yes the valve install is a bit involved and not for everyone. Glad you got it sorted out. One of the first mods on mine was 1.1 kg. Racetech springs and 5 wt. fork oil to overcome the under sprung and over damped stock set up.
How is the stock valving with the 5 weight oil ?
Comprable to the racetech valving?

IMHO the Racetech gold valves remove most of the harshness of the dampening. Realistically the springs and oil are the most important mods, then the Dale Walker fork brace with the valving last.
I don't regret the time and effort to install them but then again, I'm cycle nut with a heated shop and lift....;)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DRiUKyHG-s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DRiUKyHG-s[/ame]

Last edited:
Back