• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Windscreen Recommendations

There are lots of variables to consider. How tall are you? Are you trying to keep your head out of the wind or just your upper body? Do you want to look through the screen or over it? Can you tolerate a little wind buffeting? Personally, I like to have my helmet completely above the wind turbulence zone. However, the stock screen on my 1150GS was just tall enough to keep bugs from hitting my helmet and caused some buffeting. At the time, I considered a bug-free faceshield a fair trade-off for the buffeting at highway speed.

Last edited:
I currently have a DR-Z400SM. I hope to upgrade later. I would like to be able to look over the top of the screen but without being blasted by bugs. I'm 5'-6"and new to adventure riding. Thanks for your help.

https://madstad.com/collections/suzuki

I use this brand on my Africa Twin. I was doing 100mph yesterday with my visor up.
I went with a 20 inch clear screen, if it I was doing it again, I might opt for the 18 inch size.

I don't see a DRZ model on the web page, but you might call them tomorrow and double check.

Yeah, lots of variables just to consider. I would find the bike specific forum and see what others have tried for that bike.

Back