• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Humble Rider

Reaction score
Howdy! I live in Humble, NE of Houston. Saw references to this sight on ADVRider. Been riding street bikes for ~20 years, plus a little dirt-road riding more recently.

Bikes I've owned: Rupp minibike (age 12), Honda CB360 (in college), then a string of Beemers: R65, R100RT, R1100RT, K1200LT and R1150GS. Still have the K12LT and the GS.

Basically a Texan, but have also lived in LA, CT, London (with a bike as my only transportation other than "the tube"), Scotland, and Alberta.

Weekend day rides in the in the woods, weekends in the Hill Country, and week-long vacations to as far as I can get. Rode the LT from Houston to Anchorage in '03. Always looking for good BBQ and Mexican food.

Riding the GS a lot these days, and would like to find some good, scenic, dirt roads within 100 miles of Houston.

I guess I need to get a smugmug account next.

Welcome to the site! I am in Huntsville. Selling my GS after 45K wonderful miles. Recently got a KLR to make room for another kiddo. I do a lot of DS riding up here. Tons of little dirt roads everywhere. Just keep an eye on the DS forums ;-)

Tourmeister said:
Welcome to the site! I am in Huntsville. Selling my GS after 45K wonderful miles. Recently got a KLR to make room for another kiddo. I do a lot of DS riding up here. Tons of little dirt roads everywhere. Just keep an eye on the DS forums ;-)

Selling my GS after 45K wonderful miles..Allegedly. :lol2:
Has anyone started a pool as to when this GS will be sold?:rofl:

I have to sell it, hehe. Seriously! Not that I really want to mind you... :tears:

Back