• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

hi

Reaction score
First Name
dougie
just wana say hi to you all iam dougie iam from the uk iam here in texas staying at my girlfriends at the moment and looking at moving here thought i would come in and say hi i ride a suzuki bandit n600 in the uk which i would like to bring with me when i move here to live hope you all having a good day:rider:

Welcome to Texas, Dougie!
FYI, I'm partial to many things British - bikes, beer, Elizabeth Hurley... ;-)

Welcome to the site! Does your girlfriend ride as well?

my girlfriend lives in morton tx a little town 8 miles from the new mexico border the nearist big big town is lubbock. she is gona be going on the back of my bike when she comes to visit me in the uk she has been on the bac of a bike before so shes not to bad about going on the back with me, where abouts are youll from ? as i know very little about places in texas lol hope youll had a good day :)

and iam not wearing a red coat :giveup:
so plz dont shoot me :rofl:

Welcome to Texas! :sun: Pretty nice weather for Winter Huh? Hope you enjoy your stay.

iam having a great time the people round here are nice the weather is warm and i havnt seen it rain since i got here, texas is a great place to be i see why people call texas the friendly state and i love it here, i do hope to see a :storm: while iam here helen my girlfriend says they are great to watch and the thunder makes the widows rattle

lmao_37 said:
Aw, Texans quit shooting Red Coats back in the 80s... :lol2:

Man, you are a long way from civilization! You need to get to Lubbuck & see what goes on! ;-)

:welcome:

lmao_37 said:
There's not too many yankees on this board so you don't have to worry about that. Those of us down here tended to have our conflicts with folks on the other side of the Rio Grande river, not the Atlantic Ocean. ;-)

Gilk51 said:
Man, you are a long way from civilization! You need to get to Lubbuck & see what goes on! ;-)

Wow, Lubbock and civilization on the same line :rofl:

Welcome to Texas. Make sure your GF takes you to Big Bend. Now that is TEXAS!

BTW - We didn't shoot any red coats ... We were part of Spain when the colonies declared independence.

i do apologized for getting my history wrong about shooting red coats. im looking forward to getting my bike over here and riding it the roads are great and exploring this great big state of texas

lmao_37 said:
i do apologized for getting my history wrong about shooting red coats. im looking forward to getting my bike over here and riding it the roads are great and exploring this great big state of texas
You just have to watch out for the idiot cagers; they are not as biker-friendly or biker-aware as you're used to back in the UK.

Even those of us who are Yankees don't shoot redcoats anymore. We are thankful to have you fighting on our side now.

I have a fem friend who spent a year at Lancaster University and loved it, she went back there on vacation in November. Too bad you are so far away, she's not a biker, but will be glad to hear there is a Brit biker in the state :)

lmao_37 said:
my girlfriend lives in morton tx a little town 8 miles from the new mexico border the nearist big big town is lubbock.

Morton! I hope that your girlfriend has told you that there is much more to Texas than sandstorms. :-P

I lived in Morton as a child, and used to get back there every year or so while there was any family still there.

Welcome to Texas, but please oh please ride East a few hours before you make a report back to your mates in the UK.

BTW, the bride and I have friends in Suffolk that we visit every year. We love it over there. Beautiful country you have there. :clap:

if you ever get the chance ride in the uk go to the north yorkshire national park i live near darlington and i go out riding there it has great scenery and its goes over to the lake district which is worth riding round when i get back to the uk ill post some pictures i have taken in the past, if you have ever seen the film robinhood prince of thieves it was filmed at a couple of places one of which is called aysgarth falls worth going to see, since i have been here i have only had one sandstorm which wasnt that bad but i know they get worse lol i have seen a lot of texas but most was at 30.000 feet lol i cant wait to ride some of it :rider:

ps whats a cager; ?

Last edited:
yeah we have planty of people who think they can drive them lol well i had and off 2 years ago where someone pulled out on me form behind a panel van without looking same sorta driver different type of car lol

Back