• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from El Paso

Reaction score
I'm a new rider in my fifties. I took the MSF class and bought a 2005 Honda Shadow VLX last June. I use it mainly as a daily commuter but have taken it up to Cloudcroft, NM (100 miles north) to ride in the mountains. Not many twisties here in the desert (grin). I'm mainly a lurker looking for tips on improving my riding experience. Glad to be aboard.

Larry

Welcome there, west sider... Most of the riders in Texas seem to make the center-of-gravity somewhere on the east side, but there are a few wildcats around!

:welcome:

Now about that "Meet & Greet" in Pecos... ;-)

Larry -

Welcome.

I live in Houston but I've had the good fortune to have had some work in El Paso. I really like it out there.
When your comfortable with longer distances you need to check out Big Bend.
Your lucky to be so close to such a magical part of the state.

Dave

Larry,
Bienvenidos a TWTEX! I rode dirt and street bikes from 13 to 23, then went on hiatus until 48 (a few months ago). I recently bought a Honda Shadow 750, my first bike in 25 years. I also took the MSF class and got my license. Even though I had ridden before, I learned a few things in the class, and I'm glad I took it.

When I get ready to head for Alpine, Marfa and Ft. Davis, I'll send you a note. Maybe we can ride through the Davis Mountains together! :rider:

I've been through the Alpine, Marfa, Ft. Davis area in my truck and it would be great to tour the area on my bike. Keep me advised if you head to that area and maybe we can get together.

Larry

You are in desperate need of a dualsport :-P This is especially true if you like the area around Cloudcroft!

Welcome to the site :wave:

Back