• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF "TRAIL CLEANUP" Saturday

Buelligan

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Faulk
TWT, We at ODODB and TRH are having an east side trail clean up day this coming Saturday 8/23/14 at 7:30am. If you would like to help clear off the overgrowth, fallen limbs, downed trees, etc off the east side trails in the SHNF, we could sure use the help. Just bring a machete, loppers, or whatever and a bike to get around the trails on. All rules are in effect in the SHNF, must have helmets, sticker for the bike, etc. to ride on the trails.
East side trail head is located off fm1375, go north on fs road 233 past the Gulf Coast trade center about a mile or so, trailhead is on the left. This will be a group effort to clear all the trails on the east side and make them safer to ride. Please come out and join us in this effort. Hopefully be done by noon.

1) Larry
2) Donnie
3) Ken
4) Hail
5) Charles
6) Mark
7) Charlie
8) James
9) John
10) Jeff
11) +10 TRH members
12) Dave
13) Chris +1
14) Donny
15) Travis

work day - east side trailhead SHNF 7:30am Saturday morning.

Well thanks back Girard, we just want to make the trails safer for you to go down fast without worries, or maybe so I can see you coming at me before you scare the pewaddleedo out of me......whichever work best. West side cleanup is coming soon after this east side one.
BTW==You need to get that terror group you ride with to give us a hand and make the trails safer for everyone.

1) Larry
2) Donnie
3) Ken
4) Hail
5) Charles
6) Mark
7) Charlie
8) James
9) John
10) Jeff
11) +15 TRH members
12) Dave
13) Chris +1
14) Donny
15) Travis
16) Jim

31 so far, come on and join in TWT

1) Larry
2) Donnie
3) Ken
4) Hail
5) Charles
6) Mark
7) Charlie
8) James
9) John
10) Jeff
11) +15 TRH members
12) Dave
13) Chris +1
14) Donny
15) Travis
16) Jim
17) Paul

32 so far, come on and join in TWT

BTW. It would be wise not to fully gear up to clear trails.

I've seen guys wear their chest protectors, neck braces etc. only to over heat themselves. :doh:

Won't make it, but will say thanks to those who can. I've been involved in trail clean ups and marking/laying out new trail. Its not easy, but still can be fun. I rode in the forest a couple weekends back and had a good time on the trails. So thanks everyone!

Back