• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For Sale: 2007 KTM 640ADV and Sold: 2011 BMW 1200GS

Reaction score
**Both bikes have sold**

Low mileage 640 Adv, really one the best factory built adv bikes. Great suspension, excellent fuel range (>300 miles) and smooth powerful single cylinder. Ok, might have exaggerated the smooth part, but the vibes never really bothered me.

Upgrades:
-Carbon fiber tank guards
-CJ designs wide footpegs
-Renazco seat
-HDB hand guards and top clamp
-Doubletake mirrors
-Enduro saddle bag
-Akrapovic exhaust
-BRP triple clamp with submount (scotts damper not included)
-Oxford heated grips, with digital controller (uses less draw and will not drain the battery if left on)
-Carb re-built recently
-Probably more stuff I am forgetting about
-There is a new TKC 80 rear tire that will go with the bike

Has some battle scars, but runs great. 9,104 miles.

Last edited:
Re: For Sale: 2007 KTM 640ADV and 2011 BMW 1200GS

Wow... both really sweet rides!

I cannot help but ask what the replacement bike will be?

Wow... both really sweet rides!

I cannot help but ask what the replacement bike will be?

Long story, but I had an Africa Twin on order and cash to buy it. However, I was one of the guys too far down on the list and unwilling to pay well over retail for the few that were around. Bought the BMW as an interim and now it's time to go.

Post up how the AT does! I'm pondering.....

Two REALLY nice bikes...

GLWS...

Joe.... you're killing me with this add! I sent a pm (hopefully) to you with my number.

Rexford

I wish this freakin KTM would sell already so I can stop coming here every evening and oogling over the %#€£ pictures!

I'm ready for a lighter bike and have thought about listing my Tenere but they're selling nowdays for far cheaper than I'd take for mine........ Maybe I'll win the lottery so I can buy this and have two bikes.......

Last edited:
Where did you get those carbon fiber tank guards? I could use a pair of those. I don't really want to put crash bars on my 640 Adv because of all the hassle every time you want to pull the tank. Those look like a good solution.

Thanks

Back