• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interest In Passenger Lowering Pegs

Reaction score
Hello!

My wife, like many, doesn't find the pillion pegs on my FA to be comfy. Even though she's short with short legs, she says they're too high for her to get a good grip and she gets tossed about. She also says they put her ankle at an odd angle.

I'm having terrible luck with Google with the parts for this either being NLA or not the right tool for the job.

I found a local machine shop in Denton, TX willing to accept one-off projects to whom I'll be going to have some custom bars milled to lower the pegs an inch or two. I'm thinking either 420 stainless or titanium, depending on the price difference.

Since it's looking to be a similar price for this v. a retail solution that has to be adapted, I'm wondering if anyone else would be interested once I take measurements and have them test fit, etc. Most of the pillion peg threads I could find via Google or the Forum search were pretty dead a while ago.

If you'd like to help contribute with any measurements or design ideas that you have, I'm all ears and would be willing to chip in for a set of these for your help.

Yes I have. I'm thinking of something that would look more OEM. Also, a lot of my research indicated that fleabay parts tend to be of questionable quality. Those may work swimmingly to test, though, and until I can get a design finalized.

Maybe just a longer peg bracket would work, designed to look like the OEM one. I'm playing around with designs.

Last edited:
Yeah, understand the quality issues. I know that twisted throttle used to sell some adjustable pegs, but i no longer see them listed.

Back