• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kikker 5150 Bobber Kit: anyone know anything about em?

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Greenwood
http://www.kikker5150.com/hardknock.html

Anyone have any info, seen em, rode em, anything?
EDIT: The first picture is the 200cc model, the second is a 110 or 125 CC model with springer front end.

mick2.jpg

speed1.jpg

Thinking of a little around town bike the wife would like to ride too.
Thanks

They are pretty cool... Im digging the suicide shifter/foot clutch too. from what I have found it is a 1.3 gallon tank, but a 54-77 or something Sportster thank is a good fit and 2.4 gallons. These are supposed to be 85MPG as well...

They come as a "kit" that you bolt together. Stuff link blinkers, LP bracket, and speedo add about 200 bucks to the kit. It comes with a MSO so they can be plated and titled, and fully street legal.

Ive been keeping tabs on these for a bit and they seem pretty cool. Now they have a 200cc version which I figured they would soon. They use those lifan motors and super light.

Ive been keeping tabs on these for a bit and they seem pretty cool. Now they have a 200cc version which I figured they would soon. They use those lifan motors and super light.

Im with you, I found em back in 07 when it was 50 and 110cc, and thought "cool, but I have no need for a mini bike" but with the 200cc (have a gz250 at home that the wife started on) putting out a claimed 17hp, in a 225lb chassis, it should have good enough power to reasonably pull my large butt around. Her 250 probably weighs a solid 100-150lbs more, and probably only has a couple more HP, at best.

Plus, one of my concerns was tires, but: http://www.shadetreepowersports.com...lay?lenSgDsc=45212&qryType=GRPSG&group=MRTIRE

Anyone?

Here is a picture of a guy on the 125cc bike:

jeral.jpg

Anyone got reasons not to play with one of these?

Go for it. Those 200cc motors are XR200 copies, very reliable, and probably around 12 HP realistically. I see no reason not to get one. They are sold out of Clear Lake, the owner is a member on Motohouston (hardknock I think), and they are simple as hammers.

think you could provide some contact to this person? I would like to check one out for my sister.

Go for it. Those 200cc motors are XR200 copies, very reliable, and probably around 12 HP realistically. I see no reason not to get one. They are sold out of Clear Lake, the owner is a member on Motohouston (hardknock I think), and they are simple as hammers.

Interesting... Any XR200 performance mods that fit?:giveup:

I have one of these XR200 clones in my garage in a box. All XR200 hop up parts should fit. They are DIRECT replacements for XR motors. My 200 is slated to go in my son's CRF150F when we pull that motor for my TMGP YSR166 project. I'll get electric start and a lighting coil which his 03' is lacking! I can only get four wheeler versions of the motor, which are four speed + reverse. It should make for interesting moments!!!

Also, Lifan makes a dyno tested 16HP 250cc all black version that sell on ebay for like $450.00 with carb. All these motors are CB125/200 based and the same as the XR200, early CRF150, all CRF230's, CB125 streetbikes...check ebay and they will give you a list.

Sooo where is a good dealer? I've been looking at old Honda's to build a bobber but that isn't ever going to happen. This looks like a good alternative for putting around town.

Mckinney - There is a dealer in Forney, and I have one a few miles from me in Joshua. Guy in Joshua is doing it as a side business, but is a pretty nice guy.

Check out the forum from their site, they have a dealer section. I know there are a couple dallas people there that could tell you where they got it.

You can also order direct.

Austin and Houston Not to forget Corpus all have kikker owners.
The problem is we are all shy!!!!!!
:lol2:

DSCN0522_zps0c9ff9ca.jpg

DSCN0458_zpsf08ded87.jpg

DSCN0523_zpsb136e960.jpg

00f20901-0882-4341-b694-651a5b889229_zps94332c79.jpg

DSCN0455_zps0e3bcd5a.jpg

DSCN0433_zpsb9def9fa.jpg

1798606_10152297026297240_247524898_n_zps30e3442c.jpg

rvmcapcity2014-60_zps3bc72ae0.jpg

77caee8b-8cea-4ad3-a314-9d2af8a795ae_zpsbe9f1221.jpg

Ok I Admit it AND A WEE BIT EBBARRASSED:rider::rider::rider:

Have you ridden a hard tail bike? That is the only thing that would make me pause about this kit.

Seems it is no longer a Kit, but now only sold as a fully assembled bike.. Boooooooo

"Introduced in 2006 as a kit for bike builders, it was an instant hit not only with fabricators, painters and customizers, but with people who just wanted to build their own motorcycle. Through the years the kit was refined, the list of factory options grew, and the frame was enlarged and improved to accept ever larger engines. Although it was a huge success, as a kit bike, it was only street legal in the few states where builders were allowed to assemble their own motorcycle. As of this year, the Hardknock will no longer being sold as a kit."

Back