• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Buried Treasure... Anyone know what's here?

Ixta

Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
King
Well, Sunday was Ural Maintenance Day and since Hotair won't return my phone calls for a Ural ride :giveup: I took the Ural out for a local solo spin to check the handy work.

Just east of downtown San Antonio, there are several historic cemeteries. In particular, there is one site which claimed odd national fame in the late 70's.

About 200 feet roughly north of the intersection of East Commerce and North Monumental, is this site:

Ural.jpg

Just west about 25 feet is this marker:

West.jpg

This marker has an usually large vacant area surrounding it. It's about the size of a small carport. Here's a view:

Plot.jpg

There is something really unusual buried here. Any guesses?

A 1964 powder blue Ferrari 330 America?

I admit, I had to Google it. :)

Wow...

I remember the burial, and I've been to the site, but not for many years.
There is in my record collection a 45 by Red River Dave commemorating the event.

I lived in San Antonio most of my life and had no idea that was buried out there. Such a great story. I have a feeling one day someone will show up with a backhoe and a lack of respect for the dead. :eek2:

Back