• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

More power 1250.

yeah I think I remener him mentioning that. I am really torn on doing any more modifications to my bandit for power. I have been really thinking about Yoshi cams, more compression, Possible port work, and even having the throttle bodies bored out. 145-150whp would make me pretty happy.

yeah I think I remener him mentioning that. I am really torn on doing any more modifications to my bandit for power. I have been really thinking about Yoshi cams, more compression, Possible port work, and even having the throttle bodies bored out. 145-150whp would make me pretty happy.

Well Im staying put at 122hp. I ended up with a 180hp CBR1000rr. Its lovely. But not an everyday bike.

My FA will do touring, training and commuting just fine. Its enough power to be fun.

Well you will get 145-150 with those mods . I can now show you a dyno chart comparing my bandit with my friend's bandit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, when you have the head cylinder to workshop you can push them lower to increase clearance. I have done it.

I am trying to figure out how much I would have to mill deck and head to get 11.8-12:1
then I wonder if I’m going to have piston to valve clearance issues. Dale walker sales a nice piston set thats forged but pretty expensive for 4 slugs

I am trying to figure out how much I would have to mill deck and head to get 11.8-12:1
then I wonder if I’m going to have piston to valve clearance issues. Dale walker sales a nice piston set thats forged but pretty expensive for 4 slugs

In theory about 0,8mm should do the trick. About valve clearance it seems there is no problem.Of course it depends on camshaft timming. Anyway on my friends bandit it had milled 1mm the head and 0,2mm the block (or 0,8 and 0,4 ? can't remember now, but for sure 1,2mm total) without clearance issue.
Probably pistons are a good choice but that is all about money.
You should do your calculation considering your camshaft duration. With about 12/1 compression that i have it is low for my 255 duration camshaft and timming.
I have only 175- 180psi cranking pressure. I would like about 210-220 psi.

Kawasaki did perfect the closed throttle abruptness that my Bandit has.

If you still have the secondaries pull them then this will go away! When I 1st got the bike and was learning to ride it after having a cruiser the darn thing would die on low throttle going up a mountain talk about :doh: !

what intake boots did you use to make the gsxr1000 throttle bodies fit? Did you use the gsxr1000 fuel injectors also?

Intake rubbers from hayabusa but had to make intake boots adaptors from aluminium. There is much work involved to fit gsxr throttles like intake boots, wiring loom, throttle cables, throttle bodies spacing... so maybe not worth except if you do it alone and have fun :lol2:
The adapters

https://s20.postimg.org/w3byyqxod/WP_20161117_19_49_33_Pro.jpg
And throttle cables . First i made new longer one and fit them on the inverted throttle bodies but was not working good, too stiff.

https://s20.postimg.org/r4ogk81l9/WP_20161120_16_22_53_Pro.jpg
After i modified the throttle bodies and fit the bandit's throttle cables
https://s20.postimg.org/nkb67ynh9/WP_20170222_10_36_19_Pro_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You need airbox rubber boots from gsxr. Open the holes on airbox to fit boots. I used from gsxr2007 the long ones.

I found a company that can bore them out and make new butterflys to match. Seems they usually can only go +3mm. 36mm to 39mm I wonder how much of a difference that would make?

I am getting ready to look at buying some cams. I contacted some shops that do camshaft regrinds but they aren’t really sure what kind of duration I can get out of them until they measure the cam lobe profile. It seems that hard welding on the camshaft lobe is pretty expensive.

The intake at 8,8mm/ 254 duration was at the limit. The exhaust is quite smaller about 1,5mm. Maybe buying a used intake and grind it for exhaust, they are quite cheap on ebay.

Happy new year !!

There are still Yoshimura cams available globally. May be another good option.

Back