• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD: 2001 BMW R1150GS

jerryc

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Want to sale my 2001 BMW R1150GS with 72,9xx miles.
Excellent condition with Clear Blue Texas Title in my name.

The bike starts, runs and rides perfectly. Never wrecked or flooded.

Currently Inspected and Registered thru March 2018

Below are accessories installed on the bike:

PIAA Aux Lights
ABS
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Headlight Guard
Touratech Front Fender Brace
Hepco and Becker Engine Guards
Skid Plate with Sump Guard Extension
Throttlemeister Throttle Lock
Pivot Pegz
Jesse Panniers with Lid Liners
Heidenau K60's near new
Heated Grips
Cee Bailey Windshield
Handlebar Bag
Factory Hand Guards
Adventure Beak
Bar Risers
Touratech Steering Stop
Aux Rear Brake Light

All fluids recently changed,

Includes extra oil, filter, and misc parts

Located on the NW side of Houston near Jersey Village

I always have issues loading pictures. I am attaching CL post and would appreciate if someone would post a couple of my pictures.

https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2001-bmw-r1150gs/6338090754.html

Last edited:
Re: FS: 2001 BMW R1150GS - Price Reduced

Bump with Reduced Price

Here ya go. Nice looking bike.

cWGcqe6.jpg

GvGPMel.jpg

kBQ4kt2.jpg

Ngpiem9.jpg

IqnYffn.jpg

lmz14AR.jpg

CsJLSTQ.jpg

ms0UOmh.jpg

tiXnrdu.jpg

Last edited:

Beautiful bike with great farkles.

Paging Tourmeister to the white courtesy phone.....

Wow - that's a beautiful bike.

Pacman, thanks for posting the pictures. I hope to figure it out one day!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

It runs and rides as good as it looks.

The Garmin GPS mount is included with the bike whether it is purchased with or without the GPS. The GPS is a Garmin 395LM. The mount works with this GPS or the 390LM. It also includes the Tire Pressure Monitoring thru the GPS.

Bike was dealer serviced by dealerships thru 60k miles and owner maintained after that.

Final Drive output seal replaced at 59,963 miles.

Last fluid change and valve adjustment on 5/13/17 at 70,123.

Paging Tourmeister to the white courtesy phone.....

Wow - that's a beautiful bike.

Oh... I've already been looking at it. It brings back great memories. But as little riding as I get to do of late, I can't justify yet another bike in my garage ;-)

Oh... I've already been looking at it. It brings back great memories. But as little riding as I get to do of late, I can't justify yet another bike in my garage ;-)

There's an extra spot right now. You just need to fill it before your squatter/tenant brings her's back. :duck:

Pacman, thanks for posting the pictures. I hope to figure it out one day!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

No problem!

I wish I was in a position to buy right now. I'm hoping next year to add an adv bike to the garage.

SOLD

Last edited:
Re: FS: 2001 BMW R1150GS - Price Reduced - $3800

I wonder what two of them in my garage would be like? :ponder: :-)

----heck, i don't even ride the one i have but i bet it would be 'purdy-----

What's the seat height on one of these? Beautiful bike glws

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Shirazk, the seat height is 32.6" per:

http://cycle-ergo.com/

I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and can stand flat footed on the bike with my weight on the seat.

You can use the site for any bike and also add in bar risers, etc to get an accurate position on how the bike fits you.

Thanks, the price is spectacular but the bank does not permit it. Glws

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Have you listed it on AdvRider.com?

I cannot believe someone hasn't jumped on this. These bikes usually move pretty quick.

Scott, I did list it on ADV but have not followed up on it for a while.

I have had a lot of inquiries but no one has actually came to look at the bike.

Someone is coming to look at it either tomorrow or Wednesday and said he wants it pending inspection. The bike is in excellent condition so I feel that it should sell to this fellow.

Thanks to all those that have inquired.

Jerry

:tab Some folks might be put off by the miles on it. I wouldn't be. Like any bike, it might need some routine maintenance, but the beauty of that bike is that it is so incredibly easy to work on. I could do an oil change, valve inspection/adjustment, and throttle body sync in about an hour or so, and that was taking my time. Unlike the newer bikes, there aren't tons of those annoying little clips and fasteners with multiple body parts/panels to remove. Just pop the seat off, remove that one bolt near the back of the gas tank, pop the two fuel line quick releases, and you have access to almost everything. I miss that compared to my newer 1200 GS. The 1150s were almost indestructible... I tested that... several times :eek2: :flip: They didn't have as much plastic as the newer GSs, but that is also why they weighed a bit more. Once moving, the extra weight wasn't that noticeable, and it helped the bike to run smoother down the really bumpy back roads. Also, the 01 didn't have the annoying EVO brakes (nor the first half of the 02 production run like my bike). I never really cared for the EVO system on my 05 1200 and eventually sold that bike so I could get a 2007, which does not have it. Had this bike come up when I was hunting for my last bike, I would have jumped all over it.

Dang Jerry, I have a nice Suzuki 650 I would trade, like we haven't traded before!
Phil

The bike has sold to a very nice couple in the Canyon Lake area where it should get plenty of use.

Thanks to all those that inquired and to all those that had nice comments about the bike.

About time!

I hope you mentioned TWT to them if they were not already members ;-)

Scott, the couple that bought it recently moved from Oregon. They host campgrounds and are currently hosting one off of 306 near Canyon Lake.
They hadn't owned a bike in a couple of years so they made the purchase to explore the hill country while in Texas.
Nick was aware of TWT and I encouraged him to be come a member and to also check into BMWMOA.

Awesome! Thanks. That bike will be great for two up exploring.

Back