• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Womens riding pants

Reaction score
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Gamber
I bought a pair that I thought fit but trying to get my leg over the bike is an issue. The problem I have found is nobody carries a wide variety locally to try on and I am scared to buy online. I want recommendations for a 5'0 150 lb women (with ex large hips) on pant options. Any ladies to recommend?

I love my Olympia airglides. But, just from what I have seen, it looks like Tourmaster's Ventures and Sonoras are more curve-friendly. Scorpion in general cuts very narrow in jackets. I am guessing the pants probably are similar.

I recommend you never let her know you think she has extra large hips!

That, and you are giving out her size on the internet!!!!

I recommend you never let her know you think she has extra large hips!

That, and you are giving out her size on the internet!!!!

I recommend you go back and read the OP. It is in first person.:doh:

Paula, Have you tried a slightly different way of mounting your bike?

With the bike on side (or center stand), place hands in riding position on the handle bars. Step onto the near side foot peg and swing leg over the seat and down to foot peg on the off side.

This method requires less movement through the hip joint, compared to standing on the ground and swinging a leg over. Once you are astride, you will be able to determine if the pants fit comfortably enough for riding.

Sorry, i can't help with different makes of pants; i'm built like a stick and long ago gave up finding women's pants that will fit. I wear men's. :-(

Welcome and congrats on your 'M'! Hope to meet soon,

gina

Agree with Gina's mounting suggestion, it's easier particularly if you have a top box.

I never had a mounting issue till I bought these riding pants. I just don't have enough crotch "stretch"

Ebay can be your friend. Motorcycling is a lot like boating or RVing or any other hobby; lots of folks get into it, then discover it's not for them after all.

If you order from Revzilla, you can return them for free! Craigslist is good, too. I have gotten several gear items there. I can try to hit Cycle Center tomorrow to look at Astars. I think they carry them and I can take some pics to compare. What kind did you try?

I bought the Cycle gear Bilt brand. The problem was in store I had like 3 womens options to try on.

I hear you! I think I had a choice of Olympia or Tourmaster when I got mine. CCOD has expanded their lines but I'm not sure about women's pants. If I can get out tomorrow, I'll take some pictures! Maybe it will help for comparison since I know how the Olympias fit.

One of the reasons I love them so much is the full length leg zippers - so easy to get on/off even with boots on!

Last edited:
CCOD is in the process of getting in summer gear so they are practically bare. I saw some men's Klim. Pretty much no women's gear except dirt and gloves. :-( They said they're expecting all new stuff next week. No help this time - sorry, Paula.

I used to work for Cycle Gear. If you need a size or style that they don't have in the store, ask them to call another store and have it sent there. No cost, no obligation. We shipped stuff all over the country for customers, and it'll be there in a few days.

If you can't find what you want in the store, custom order something thru Cycle Gear. You have to pay up front for a custom order, but you still have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if pants arrive and you don't like them, or you try them for a few days and they're not what you want, you can return them for a 100% refund. Then order another pair. Almost anything you can find in a name brand, Cycle Gear can order for you, with that super easy return policy.

We've had people order very custom gear that didn't fit them well when it arrived, and they change their mind. No hard feelings, it happens, and that's part of their business model.

When in doubt, point at the large banner over the cash register that says 100% satisfaction.

Last edited:
Check Motorcyclegear's website. Their product descriptions are written by their own employees who actually road test the gear, rather than just using the blurb provided by the manufacturer. They're good about describing sizing and fitment issues. If you can't get enough info from the website, call them and you'll find them extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Also, their exchange/return policy is very generous. They're in Lubbock.

Back