• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas DPS Inspection Station Locator web page

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
For the past several days I have been trying to get an inspection sticker for my Toyota truck. Here in Huntsville, Tx the average waiting period is 1 to 2 hours. I left the inspection station today after being told it was about a 2 hour wait again. I politely said I can't wait 2 hours for an inspection sticker and left for the 3rd day in a row. I came home with a new mission to see if there was an online list of inspection stations for Texas. There is. I used it to find a station that had me in and out in about 15 minutes.

The site also tells you what type of inspections the station can do, ie motorcycles, trailers, commercial, passenger vehicle, etc. After some talk of inspections and hassles finding locations with motorcycle and/or car inspection available, I am hoping this site will aide you as it did me. It saved me an afternoon of siting at a station for a 10 minute job.

I would suggest typing the name of the city or a city near you to get the widest search, the zip code search only shows inspection stations in that exact zip code.

Texas DPS Inspection Station Locator

If this is a repost, I apologize. I do not recall this site coming up in other inspection sticker threads.

Thanks for the link, Jack. I have also been very frustrated with Huntsville and their wait time for inspection stickers. With two small kids, the thought of waiting 2 hours for a sticker was not very appealing :eek2: (for me or the other people in line). I had to get one back in December and went to one place in particular 5 days in a row and was told various wait times anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. The most annoying part was that the parking lot was usually pretty empty when I arrived. I don't know if they had a waiting list or not. :shrug:

Wow, the oil change places around here all do inspections so it's just a matter of hitting them mid-morning midweek. In and out in 30 minutes.

I have another place I like to go for bikes and it has always been fast. Haven't tried it for the cages yet.

I ended up going over to trinity to the muffler and lube shop that is right beside the Church's Fried Chicken. They had me taken care of in short order. They will get my biz for stickers as well as oil changes from now on, very nice folks.

I just had a question do the cops ever even look at the inspection sticker if they pull someone over?

I just had a question do the cops ever even look at the inspection sticker if they pull someone over?

Well, drive thru Kennedale with an expired inspection or registration sticker and find out. :doh:

Yes, the look...

Back