• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

11/11 Dual Sport Ride

Reaction score
The forecast is looking lovely, so it's time for another ride! We'll be running the New Waverly to Groveton route again this week. There's suppoed to be a goodly amount of rain on Wednesday so the sand shouldn't be too bad. The route is a little more technical than last weekend with more varied road conditions that usually include dirt, gravel, sand, and a little mud. Total length is about 170 miles. The route is big and small bike friendly. If you have a small displacement bike with a limited pavement cruising speed, we're happy to accomodate.

Meet will be at Waverly House (corner of 75 and FM1375) in New Waverly at 0800 for breakfast. Ride will start about 0900. Please make sure your bike's tank is full and yours is emptied. This ride tends to take just about all day, and an on-time start helps!

Link to GPX file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nf5bsi0nmae1lz9/AACgUNZGW4yh8_U6jdeEN5pha?dl=0

In:

1) William Wolfen
2) Dannyboy
3) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike
4) Old Dude's buddy
5) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #2
6)

Maybe:

1) MaxGS
2) Tourmeister
3) DLDR
4)
5)

Last edited:
:tab Oh... I might actually be able to make this one!

:tab I'll probably be on my GS. The KTM still has a broken rear spoke I've not replaced and it is still jetted for the trip I did to Montana/Wyoming back in July. The GS is fitted up with TKC 80s, so it should be fun!

:tab Oh... I might actually be able to make this one!

:tab I'll probably be on my GS. The KTM still has a broken rear spoke I've not replaced and it is still jetted for the trip I did to Montana/Wyoming back in July. The GS is fitted up with TKC 80s, so it should be fun!
Really hope you can make it. Haven't seen you since May! You'll be able to handle it fine on the GS.

I am going to make it.
Another Great ride by William Wolfen.
Breakfast there was fantastic last time.

May be in.
Just don't want to ride the DR-650 from Beaumont and back or carry it in the truck. So I 'm think the V-strom will be what I go on.
Is this too bad of roads or too fast for the big bike?

Tourance Tires

May be in.
Just don't want to ride the DR-650 from Beaumont and back or carry it in the truck. So I 'm think the V-strom will be what I go on.
Is this too bad of roads or too fast for the big bike?

Tourance Tires
I'd call it a matter of the rider. I've ridden plenty of stuff in this area on my gen 1 DL1000 on Shinko 705s (Tourance knockoffs) . Can't say I've ridden this exact route, but if you're comfortable with the bike off pavement you should be alright.

Nice meeting everyone.
Enjoyed the ride, roads were in the best condition for taking the V-Strom.
Sorry to bail early. Made it home without any problems.

I had a great time. It was good to meet everyone.
It is true on the seventh day God created the KTM 500. LOL

See everyone on the Black Friday ride.

Daniel and I had a blast. It was great to get out and run the GS on those roads. Thank goodness the sand wasn’t dry! That would have made it a serious challenge! All in all, a good day of riding and meeting some new folks.

Back