• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

One Of Those Just In Case Purchases

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Wells III
I have AAA Roadside Assistance as well as i keep tools, tire repair kit, compressor and have jumper cables for those times when needed while out on the bike. But I've been looking at those jumper packs for quite some time. I've watched this one guys videos where he test all kinds of them so finally decided to get me one and also one for my little brother in Texas. He works up in MN,Michigan,Wisconsin,Illinois and Canada during the winter tracking oil lines. Sometimes he's out in the middle of nowhere so i would hate for him to be stuck with a dead battery.....................https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...lpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1/?tag=twowhetex-20 ...... https://youtu.be/cHxDOCdMVWo ........https://youtu.be/1wmZpc-tJ1I

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I haven't taken it to that level...yet. But after working with about eight other riders for an hour to get a bike started (dead battery) on the East Texas 450 years ago, I now carry a set of jumper cables on my motorbike.

Careful choosing which one you get. There is a loooong thread on advrider about lithium batteries. I chose the EarthX because it doesn't require a diode and immediate disconnection after you've jumped the bike. EarthX has some good info on their site as well.

Interesting. I haven't taken it to that level...yet. But after working with about eight other riders for an hour to get a bike started (dead battery) on the East Texas 450 years ago, I now carry a set of jumper cables on my motorbike.

I got the Powerlet Jumper Cables back in 2010 i believe.......http://www.powerlet.com/product/powersport-jumper-cables/410 .I've transferred them to any new bike i get. Have come in handy about a half a dozen times so far only once was to jump me. But i wanted something for if I'm out alone and theirs no one around to get a jump from...

8992698138_fa22fcd1c8_b.jpg
IMG_0067 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Last edited:
:tab I've carried a small set of 6 ft jumper cables for years. I've had to jump others and have needed a jump myself. Before a trip to Montana last summer, I broke down and bought a portable battery like this one

https://www.amazon.com/RG1000-Safety-Plus-INTELLIBOOST-Flashlight/dp/B01LZB8T6N/?tag=twowhetex-20

:tab Except at the time, you could get it without the tire pump for around $100 and I didn't need the pump. I loved it. I have a hot 12V outlet on my KTM 530 so I can put the battery in my tank bag and have it charging while riding. In the evening, I can use it to recharge cameras, iphone 5, and as a light in my tent. If my phone is 100% dead, this battery will charge it to 100% five times. It also has the sensor on the jumper cables to prevent back load issues when connecting to a car/bike battery. I've not yet used to to jump start my bikes or cars. It needs to be at least 70% charged to do that. I keep it in the center console of my truck and at full charge.

I've got a lithium jump starter I got off of amazon. I use it for far more than just jumping cars/bikes. I've jumped a Duramax diesel with it and a diesel mercedes with it as well as a bunch of bikes.

I can also use it to get 10 solid charges on my cell phone, run an LED rope light in camp if I don't want to run it off the bike, charge a lap top ect ect. If you get the right one they're an incredibly flexible battery option.

I don't even waste space with jumper cables anymore. I do in my car because there's a space for them where the jack is without taking up any interior space in the car.

I've got a lithium jump starter I got off of amazon. I use it for far more than just jumping cars/bikes. I've jumped a Duramax diesel with it and a diesel mercedes with it as well as a bunch of bikes.

I can also use it to get 10 solid charges on my cell phone, run an LED rope light in camp if I don't want to run it off the bike, charge a lap top ect ect. If you get the right one they're an incredibly flexible battery option.

I don't even waste space with jumper cables anymore. I do in my car because there's a space for them where the jack is without taking up any interior space in the car.

Yep the one i ordered will jump the larger engines. It doesn't come in till friday. Wish i had it this morning out here Wednesdays are street sweeper days so i had put the Xterra in and was putting the Girlfriends car behind it when i noticed one of the neighbors had his hood up. His car wouldn't start so i moved the cars to get the Xterra out to jump him.

Got the Audew Jump Starter in on the 22nd. It comes in a really nice case so i just put it in my Top Case but i like to keep my top case empty so i always have somewhere to put my helmet,jacket and gloves in. So i took out the power pack and put it in a zip-lock bag and slipped it into a space between the top case liner and the top case its fit nice and i don't lose any space. I then took the accessories from the kit and put them in a smaller zip-lock bag and put them in one of the mini-saddle bags i have on the bike. Hopefully i never need to use it but if i do then i'm good to go. This jump starter will also start large vehicles so in case i run across any damsel's in destress

24455365627_5d954afa47_h.jpg
Audew Jump Starter by weljo2001, on Flickr

24455366187_6f487d23da_h.jpg

24455367997_eef53f0e6e_h.jpg

24455368937_9789445a6d_h.jpg

27542033379_74358f5e89_h.jpg

27542034009_3171017c2d_h.jpg

I like that carrying case. Mine did not come with that. It just has a bag with a drawstring. It works, but the case appeals to my OCD :-P

I like that carrying case. Mine did not come with that. It just has a bag with a drawstring. It works, but the case appeals to my OCD :-P

Yep, Its a nice solid case with a foam cut-out for the power pack to slip in so it stays secure. My only concern about the way i have it is it might get a lot of vibes in that spot. So I'm still torn as to use the case or not. I'll see how it goes in the next few days..

Rode the bike most of the day and the power pack stayed in place in the top case so will keep that nice case put away for now...:thumb:

It didn't hold well in that spot in the topcase so put everything back in the case and put it in the topcase.....

Finally got to use the power pack a few times. First time a couple of weeks ago i was out for lunch and my Scala PacTalk chimed the battery was almost dead so i hooked it to the power pack while i was eating and after lunch went on with the rest of my day running errands on the bike and the PacTalk did fine. Today the oldest boy was over and the battery on his GSXR-750 has been dead for some time. He has a SAE pigtail to hook a charger up to so i had tried several times over the last 2 months to charge it but it wasn't getting any juice. I tried to take the seat off to hook the charger up with the clamps directly to the battery but i couldn't get his seat off. He took the seat off today. So i hook up the power pack and it fired right up disconnected the power pack and it kept running so the battery might still be okay. i told him to make sure the pigtail was connectedly properly and we found that the fuse for the pig tail was blown. Replaced the fuse and hook up the charger to see if it will hold a charge...As far as the power pack i'm glad i have it....

Last edited:
Back