• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from FND!

Reaction score
Hi!

I've been lurking around for a while and finally decided to join. I moved to Dallas in 10/2016 from New Hampshire and couldn't be happier living here. I met my wife here, we got married in Galveston, and I've loved everywhere that I've been in TX. It's amazing that every city feels completely different, even if they're only a few miles apart.

My ride is a 2011 Bandit GSX1250FA in black. I don't have any real good pictures of her at the moment, but I'll try to get some after she gets a wash. The PO did a bunch of mods, including adjustable levers, ZG double bubble screen, Yoshimura pipe, upgraded horns with relay, 12V socket in the upper fairing, etc. She pulls like a freight train and I'm very impressed, save for the mushy suspension and slower steering, but those can be fixed.

The PO didn't do the PAIR mod, so I get hella popping on the overrun. I kind of like it, actually, even if it's annoying on a longer ride. I use it as a safety feature. If I'm merging in heavy traffic and they don't hear my exhaust, they usually pay attention to the loud POP!

I have a few mods planned like top and side cases for touring, Radiant or DanMoto GP exhaust (I'm leaning towards the Radiant to get the can away from my heel), Holeshot header (I could easily empty my bank account on Dale's website!), etc. but my first mod will be a Corbin saddle. I've never met a stock Suzuki seat that agrees with my bum or plums.

I'm open to any mod suggestions and tips/tricks for the Bandit and would love to make some new riding friends and do group rides and meetups!

Welcome from another Bandit owner. I really enjoy the torque, low seat, and Holeshot exhaust on mine. Does your windshield setup buffet? If not, I need to copy yours.

Welcome from another Bandit owner. I really enjoy the torque, low seat, and Holeshot exhaust on mine. Does your windshield setup buffet? If not, I need to copy yours.

I'm going to look into another screen since I'm just tall enough that the wind hits the chin of my helmet and buffets the crap out of me. If I crouch a little, it's smooth. I don't think my helmet has the best aero, though.

I'm probably going to raise my seat a bit once I get a Corbin to give me some more leg room.

I love how my bike pulls like a freight train from down low. It makes traffic a lot easier, though if you let her, she'll still lighten her front wheel and try to rip your arms out.

Speaking of, I need to get myself a Vista Cruise or a Throttlemeister.

Welcome!

The Bandit subforum on here is pretty active.

Hope to see ya at a Meet ‘n Greet soon.

There are several, monthly gatherings to choose from. Here are a few, to get ya started

Pie Run 2018 schedule
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116112

Austin area adv riders
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113675

Kickstand Prophet does a monthly get together that falls on Sundays, at various locations around the state. Just check back often to catch the announcement.

Many of these evolve (devolve?) into overnight camp outs. One rides solo or with some buddies to the venue. Enjoys eating and meeting and checking out the bikes. Then rides away.

I'm not cool enough to know what FND stands for, but there are plenty of regional meet n greets - probably one near you.

?

I would say I’m in ED. But that just sounds wrong. lol Chip the ice off and time to ride.

Sent from my ipocket

That was a good, firm joke. Not sad and limp at all.

I had to bust some ice off the seat this morning. Even with covered parking in our apartments, she still got wet. Thankfully, it wasn't too slippery on the ride in, just a couple isolated patches.

Back