• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Merry Christmas

Reaction score
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]1q85wYqgxcM[/MEDIA]"]Christmas 2015 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Nice. Brings back memories of living in Nuremburg as a child. I remember making a lantern and walking in the parade up to the castle. I was in 5th grade at the time.

That's nice to hear! Do you remember the Name of the school you went to ? Or where you used to live ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

It was an American school and I rode a bus 45 minutes across town from the small US military housing area we lived in to get to it. I'll look at a map and try to figure it out.

Tim, it was the early 70's. I think we came home in 1975, but we were living outside Ansbach at that time. So Nuremburg would have been 1973 I guess.

Okay, pulled this from the map. This is approximately where our quarters used to be. Some of the apartments long this street are old quarters. There were 4 duplexes and one single house for officers that are gone.

Pastoriusstraße 41a
90480 Nürnberg
Germany

The school was in Furth and my memory is too fuzzy to find it on the map.

I was at Munich High from 66-69, when I graduated. I had some Nurnberg friends who had transferred down too the Munich area. I lived to far out - my dad was stationed in Garmisch, and in the days before the connecting Autobahn was built, it was a solid 2 hours by bus. So we dormed at the high school 5 days a week. All in all, quite an exciting time for a teenager.

If there's anyplace more beautiful than Bavaria at Christmas, I sure haven't seen it. Here's a picture of me with my friend Cissy on Christmas Day, 1968. It was snowing like crazy; check the snow capped evergreens in the background.

Attachments

• G14 - Cissy & Tim.jpg
    G14 - Cissy & Tim.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 174
Back