• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Panniers for the Africa Twin

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Ok, with the Mexico trip getting sort of closer I need to get serious with Panniers.

All of my buddies that adventure ride back in CA say stick with soft bags, not metal or plastic. I am not sure where to start on a bike like the AT.

Honda has some super clean easy to install and remove plastic jobs that are somewhat in-expensive but completely out of stock. I do have their top box and it is cute was way more money that its worth but I don't feel like it will still be in place after any real off-roading.

Guess you need to pick a brand like Touratech, SW-Motech, ? then add on from there.

I am not planning on doing any camping (I say that now) but I do need to haul tools, spare parts, change of clothes, etc.

Thoughts, recommendations

You might contact a guy who builds aluminum Pans in Washington state. They look very similar to Jesse Luggage.

solo box
https://www.facebook.com/gosolobox/

There are a bunch of Youtube videos as well.

Vinnny Humm, that is interesting!!! What about the exhaust, I see they have a standoff you can pipe clamp onto the pipe, just wonder if that really is enough to keep it from melting (or worse catching fire)

Vinnny Humm, that is interesting!!! What about the exhaust, I see they have a standoff you can pipe clamp onto the pipe, just wonder if that really is enough to keep it from melting (or worse catching fire)

It's comes with two covers for the exhaust . They do work very well. Just have to keep the straps from getting on the exhaust when you route them

Back