• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Flat tire protection from TYREGUARDIAN PLUS a Discount Offer

Is this product applied inside the tube of a tubed tire?

Sorry to hear about your back. At least you are on two wheels again.

Thanks for the question bastropjoel and for the kind words. I am extremely lucky and blessed. I was right at the edge of having to go under the knife.

I'm feeling pretty good now but a lot of things I used to take for granted are now out of reach. The old saw applies to me. If I had known I was going to last this long I would have taken better care of myself! :lol2:

Now to your question. Yes, after removing the valve core a measured amount of the liquid is installed into the tube or tire. After replacing the valve core the tire is aired up to normal pressure and then should be rode or driven for 2 or 3 miles to distribute TyreShield evenly inside the tire. That's it. Tube or tire protected for it's lifetime.
Thanks for the question.
Ride Safe,
Max:mrgreen:

You had me at Max Bialystock - Flaunt it, baby! Flaunt it! :clap:

I'm guessing a bottle would a lifetime supply for a bicycle (or in this case wheelchair) tire. Sure I could look up the information on your website but I'm lazy so...

Are there any limitations in terms of tire size/air pressure? We're running 25-540s at 110psi in 24x1 tubes. I'm not a bad pit crew but Hubzilla has to land somewhere when I pull a wheel off the chair. What might we expect if we tried TyreShield? Or is it not quite suited to this application?

Hi sKatZ,

:lol2: You quoted my favorite line from the movie!:clap: Springtime for Hitler will always be Mel Brooks' funniest movie for me. I'm grinning just thinking about it. lol

40ml. per tire will work. You can add more if you want just make sure you put at least that much in. Our "cycle" bottle holds 250ml.

TyreShield works in any tire which uses air or nitrogen. It is used in everything from small tires, trailer tires, auto, suv, motorcycle (on or off road), construction equipment, trucks, pneumatic forklift tires etc.

More than you asked for but this stuff is unlike anything you have seen on the market prior. If installed correctly (instructions followed and no water or debris inside the tire) you forget about it until time for a new tire. Your protected.
Thanks for the great question.
Ride Safe,

Re: TyreGuardian is now TyreShield TWTEX Member Discount

Some of you may be following "oregoncoast" and his exploits racing in last weeks "Mexican 1000" in that other adventure rider forum (advrider.com). We supplied TyreShield to his "Outta Sight Racing Team" for their 350 Honda and chase van they used for the race. What an adventure and he's not posted past the first day of the race yet! Wow is all I can say and even better yet TyreShield did a great job.

Whoa! Aside from the fact that you sound like a circus huckster who needs to slow down and catch his breath......

I haven't read that entire thread (way too long to do right now), but I searched on a bunch of different terms (tyreguardian, tyreshield, puncture, flat, tire, tyre, and more) and didn't see anything that indicated this product actually prevented a leak in his Baja race. If that information is there, please post a link.

Otherwise, I'm not sure posting one day of the race demonstrates that the product did anything. I see a lot of hype, but not much evidence. Please correct me if there is some fact to back up your breathlessness.

Re: TyreGuardian is now TyreShield TWTEX Member Discount

Whoa! Aside from the fact that you sound like a circus huckster who needs to slow down and catch his breath......

I haven't read that entire thread (way too long to do right now), but I searched on a bunch of different terms (tyreguardian, tyreshield, puncture, flat, tire, tyre, and more) and didn't see anything that indicated this product actually prevented a leak in his Baja race. If that information is there, please post a link.

Otherwise, I'm not sure posting one day of the race demonstrates that the product did anything. I see a lot of hype, but not much evidence. Please correct me if there is some fact to back up your breathlessness.

I love it. You must think I'm a Yankee. I speak real slow ya'll. :lol2:

The reason you couldn't find it is he hasn't told all of his story yet. But you don't have to wait. Send Paul (oregoncoast) a pm via the forum and ask him. He will answer you.
Ride safe,

Last edited:
Back