• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

how many had moms that...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

How many had moms that rode motorcycles? My mom did, technically a minibike (Honda Mini Trail 50, 1967)...but she did ride it at our cabin in San Juan County, Colorado. And she never balked at my brother and I riding. Back then a MC license could be had at age 14, later changed to 16 for me.

Different times. Mom is still alive at age 97 in Durango. Somewhere I have a picture of her on my Honda.

My mom passed just shy of two months ago at a couple weeks short of age 83. She rode my dad's 1952 HD Hydra Glide, both as pillion and as driver. I don't have access to the photos but I have seen them.

My dad had a 79 DT175 and my mom had about the same year Chappy (50 cc scooter). I remember my mom and dad taking my brother and for rides in the hill country on the back roads. Sometime we would pack a lunch. Other times we'd stop. It usually in the spring when the blue bonnets were out. My dad would take me out the "trails" at the end of our block. When they divorced he would take us for rides at some local trails near the apartment that I rode later as a teen. Then my step mother got a 86 XL125. I learned to ride on all of them. Used the chappy for a bit when I got a 50cc license at 15 to get to work and school. Then got a 150 scooter (that thing was a blast) which I rode for a few years until I got a bike.

My Mom and Dad rode a CB125 when we were in Bali. Of course so did the brother and I !

Accepted mass transportation in an era where there was no "mass" about in in Bali. Good days...

Dave.

Yep.. My mom took my brother to little league baseball practice on it. He was the envy of everyone on the team

Mom rode offroad with us on an SL125 mostly just at the forrest or Liberty sand pits

Although I do remember her taking my CR250 for one lap around Rio Bravo and realizing a 2stroke 250 was more than she needed.

Last edited:
Back