• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Just another new guy

LouBob

Reaction score
I know, we are like weeds, we just keep popping up in your lawn. Generally I am floating around in the Grapevine area. Only been riding since the beginning of may but have been having a blast so far. My current ride is a 2003 Shadow Spirit 1100 (seen below)

100_0571.jpg

I am also thinking about selling and trying a dual sport, but since I have never riden dirt I am not sure about that just yet. I might just try to find a good deal on a relatively working mid-sized dirt bike to see how it goes before commiting alot of money to a good dual sport bike. Well, look forward to getting to know everyone.

Amazingly, it has stayed pretty clean even though it does go 2 months at a time between washes. Even when I ride through dirt clouds and get rained on.

Welcome LouBob, ya better drag that nice Spirit to the Saturday breakfast gatherings soon.:rider: :eat:

What saturday breakfast gatherings? Also, I tend to work Saturdays, but as long as I get to work by 11ish I am usually ok.

One that would be easy I think, is the "Blue Hangar" at the Northwest Regional Airport. There are threads on it in here, and may have an annoucement already for this week? Gotta run but will try a link later.

Welcome to TWT. Moving from your current ride to dual sport is a big change. What is taking you that direction? Have you been reading about some of the Arizona or Mexico trips? Just a fantasy for me.... :(

Getting something like a DRZ 400, and finding basic used dirt gear might be an affordable way to test the waters. Keep us posted. We love hearing from riders who are able to try different bikes and style of riding. ;)

Did you ride that up to Grapefest last night? There is free motorcycle parking near Willhoites (sp?). It was like a bike show for cruisers. Big Dogs, Boss Hoss and something with a side car-not a Ural.

I did not make it to grapefest this year, was too busy getting some class work caught up since I go out of town on business tomorrow.

Back