• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings to all! Just found this site and I had to join. This is my first post (well, second.. I was eager to jump in) and I'm looking forward to be part of this trip.

I'm from Brownsville Texas, a few miles away from the departing point of the trip. I found this site looking for good routes in the RGV, unfortunately there are very few over here. I'm originally from Mexico, although I have lived most of my life at the border, my hometown is Victoria City (about 100 miles south of Galeana).. The Eastern Sierra Madre has been my playground since I was young.

I will like to tag along on the pavement part of the trip. Not sure how many have signed only for that. I know pretty well all those routes.. the northern ones closer to Monterrey are pretty good, I will say the ones going south are a little bit more fun. The 101 road is my favorite, and I will also add the 85 and the 66. I think we can even make it as far as the 80 in a single day round trip.

I'm riding a Multistrada. Although it has an "offroad" mode, I have never taken it to the dirt.. Its just too heavy and besides I have only-road tires. But it's an excellent touring bike, and in the twisties is just a pleasure to ride.

Is the "Group D" already settetd up? If there's the need for a "ride leader" I can step up.

Que Pasa, Felipe! Looks like an amazing Trek, ehh? I'm thinking about going a bit further South after Galeana. San Luis Potosi. I have to Dance to the Huapango in Xilitla! Are you from around the Huasteca?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Is the "Group D" already settetd up? If there's the need for a "ride leader" I can step up.

Hola Felipe! You are the group D designated ride leader!!!! But please pay and register so it's official. Very glad to have you along for the ride. Give me a call anytime to discuss.

Last edited:
Hi Jon!

I actually was born in CD Mante, just at the heart of the Huasteca. I can't make it this time to Xilitla.. but god, Sierra Gorda is motorcycle heaven!

I really need a lighter bike, the are ton's of technical trails in the Huasteca.. check this out, is in Victoria:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG1l0NHhjK0"]sierra enduro cd. victoria camino a la reja 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Hola Felipe! You are the group D designated ride leader!!!! But please pay and register so it's official. Very glad to have you along for the ride. Give me a call anytime to discuss.
Give me a chance, I'll call you later today..

Hi Jon!

I actually was born in CD Mante, just at the heart of the Huasteca. I can't make it this time to Xilitla.. but god, Sierra Gorda is motorcycle heaven!

I really need a lighter bike, the are ton's of technical trails in the Huasteca.. check this out, is in Victoria:

sierra enduro cd. victoria camino a la reja 3 - YouTube
That looks Amazing! Let's do it. I'm planning on riding those trails on my R100GSPD! Jajaja, the Multistrada can handle it. Looking forward to the ride.

Shadman,

In your original post you mentioned an extended Sunday ride. If you're keeping a list I'd like to be added to this group. We can discuss here or offline as to the skill level required for that ride.

--------------

"Sunday, Oct 29nd: MexTrek officially ends Sunday morning. However, we still will provide limited oversight to be sure folks make it to the border in one piece. For those still inclined, Sunday can also be a really fun extra riding day for anyone who didn't get enough on Thu - Sat. I will lead a long ride back through Santiago that is incredible, but for faster riders who can make good time. Here's a pics or two from the climb out going north Sunday:"

That looks Amazing! Let's do it. I'm planning on riding those trails on my R100GSPD! Jajaja, the Multistrada can handle it. Looking forward to the ride.

I'm pretty sure in proper hands the Multistrada can do well on those trails.. unfortunately, I'm way too noob to try that. :)

Ok - just registered. Now I need to get my WR running...

I'm going to truck it down to Mexico - now off to find some lodging. By the way, I'm bringing my gal with me - don't know if there are any other non-riding wives/SO's coming - but she's planning on doing some sightseeing during the day while we are off creating mayhem.

I'm going to truck it down to Mexico - now off to find some lodging. By the way, I'm bringing my gal with me - don't know if there are any other non-riding wives/SO's coming - but she's planning on doing some sightseeing during the day while we are off creating mayhem.

Aren't there some challenges to trucking a bike into Mexico?

There will be issues here no doubt but that's what Charles brings to the party! Now the group is complete [emoji12]

After reading 20 pages of thread, I think I know the answer... Question: Do we each need to make our own reservations? I can do that but don't want to double book the hotel if someone else is handling. (I know the first two hotels are full; I was just going to pick one of the others.)

Thanks!

Peter - you're going to need to weed this group down or find a bigger country to invade.

Sending this from linares, historic district, in beautiful old mexico. About 30 miles from Galeana. What a nice old historic district.

Thanks for handling the Hotels Shadman! I'm planning on packing a Hammock in case there's not room in the Inn. Someone should keep an eye on all those bikes in the Stable. Jajaja, ?

OPTIONAL: Monday Oct 30 - Wednesday Nov 1: For 2017 I am looking into a smaller group staying a few extra days to experience Day of the Dead. It is supposed to be amazing in some parts of Mexico. Any suggestions, please post up for discussion.
Our group of at least 5 from NC will be staying another 5 nights in MX after Mextrek ends with prob 2 or 3 nights in Real de Catorce for Day of the Dead.

Anybody else?

I think you'll find mixed opinions on that. It's pretty easy to hit up an ATM right after crossing the border. Others like to get a bunch of cash to take with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back