• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Best Interest Rates??

Reaction score
Suzuki is offering 4.99 for 60 months on 2018 V-Strom 1000, anyone know of better rates than this?

Anyone familiar with Altra Federal Credit Union located in Tyler? Good or Bad?
Found them while doing a search for best interest rates.

Yes

Buy a used VStrom for cash. If you can't do that, pass.

But I'm not your dad. Lucky you.

I’ve also been looking into financing options. Not for an immediate purchase...just research for the hopefully near future. From what I can tell it is pretty difficult to beat the promotional rates from the manufacturers. The game has definitely changed since the last time I financed a bike. The promotional rates aren’t nearly as good, third party rates aren’t as good, and not nearly as many third party lenders even offer motorcycle loans.

A dozen years or so ago I applied online with Capital One and got a blank check (of course with a pre-approved limit) in the mail two days later with a 4.9% interest rate. I never ended up actually using it, but it sure doesn’t seem like anything like that exists now.

The best third party rate I’ve seen is from my credit union which is 8.5% (for a loan between $5K and $10K). I haven’t done all that thorough of research so far, though. As I said...I’ve just been checking out options for the future.

Unfortunately the manufacturer I’m looking at doesn’t offer their own financing, so I’ll either be saving up cash or finding another route.

I've used Freedom Road a couple times while I moved other vehicles to cover the expense.
Doubt they can get to 4.99%, though.

I just bought a new Ford Transit van and financed $10,000 at 1.99%. Aggieland Credit union in College station.

Credit unions usually can offer better rates.

www.ufcu.com has probably the best rates on MCs we've seen in the industry. We send tons of people their way, you do have to borrow $5k min. though. Easy to apply online, easy to join.

www.ufcu.com has probably the best rates on MCs we've seen in the industry. We send tons of people their way, you do have to borrow $5k min. though. Easy to apply online, easy to join.

Man I looked at the new Aprilia 900cc V-twins Shiver and Dorsoduro on line. Bet they got some gitty-up at about 9k. I would like to finance one of these babys. :trust:

Man I looked at the new Aprilia 900cc V-twins Shiver and Dorsoduro on line. Bet they got some gitty-up at about 9k. I would like to finance one of these babys. :trust:

got a demo of each....come ride them. Supposed to be sunny and warmer tomorrow.

Yes Buy a used VStrom for cash. If you can't do that, pass. But I'm not your dad. Lucky you.

Excellent advice. If you have to finance an 11 Grand purchase at all, much less for five years, you likely can't afford it.

But I'm not his dad, either. In fact, I'm no one's dad. That's one of the reasons I can afford to pay cash. LOL.

:chug: :mrgreen: :thumb:

Back