• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Questions

Reaction score
First Name
Melton
Last Name
Gregory
I found and test rode a 2010 Vulcan today. Seems like a really nice bike, It had 9700 miles after my ride on it. I like the bike, but wondering if there are any issues with these bikes. This is the first one I have ever ridden with a belt drive. How reliable are they? How long should the belt drive last under reasonable riding conditions? Are there any major or minor maintenance issues with these bikes, and if so what are they? I think there are some members on here that have experience with the Vulcan, and I would appreciate any in sight into owning one that you may have on it. The asking price on it with TT&L from a dealership is just under $11,000. Does this sound about right, for an asking price for this bike? This is probably more bike than I will ever need, but if I get it, I won't ever have to upgrade to something more, and should last a good long time, provided there are no issues of concern with one of them. Does this sound like a Good deal on this bike?
My main experience with bikes has been primarily with Honda and Yamaha, so I am partial to them, with no problems to speak of. I just have not had ANY experience with Kawasaki's and am wondering how they hold up in the long haul. I am not one to be buying, selling and trading every few years, and want to get one I can ride for years to come, without having to do more than normal maintenance on it. Will this bike possibly be a good candidate for this purpose?

Last edited:
Why settle for 1700cc when for about the same price you can buy my newer (2013) 2300cc Triumph Rocket III :giveup:

600cc more and the acceleration torque that makes everyone smile

See the For Sale threads

tj has owned several vulcans. classic, nomad, mean streak and the 2000cc one. he's never had any problems and is a kawi fan. he's used fuel chips in a few but other than that just regular maintenance.

now that said, they are heavy. and when we went to NC one year, he rode the 2000cc. it scraped floorboards left and right, literally, in the twisties which was disconcerting cuz it wanted to bump up the bike and in a tight turn that's not so good. it also had a no-start in the high elevation just once. i don't remember the tech as to why, but it started up eventually.

and i'm betting there are hundreds of vulcans on craigslist for a much better deal.

Last edited:
It is the Voyager model. Here are a couple of pix from the dealer site.

Attachments

• vp4392894_5_large.jpg
    vp4392894_5_large.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 163
  • vp4392894_6_large.jpg
    vp4392894_6_large.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 155
Well despite not getting many responses, I went ahead and bought the bike today. When I got to checking, the odometer was set for Kilometers instead of miles. When I figured out how to reset it to miles, it shows 6103. Way less than I(& the dealer) thought it had. I took off a half day today to get this done, and took two more days, knowing I would not want to be at work with this thing just sitting, begging to be ridden. So I am off till Monday, with nice weather predicted for the foreseeable future(at least thru Monday), and am planning on adding some miles to it, while I get accustomed to it. It's most definitely a big change from the XR, which I knew it would be, but the XR stays in the family too, because it can take me places the Vulcan will never dream of going. If anyone has anything else to add to this thread regarding what I asked previously, please do. Any other comments are welcome, too.

Looks nice. Ride safe and enjoy the new machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice. Ride safe and enjoy the new machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here I am enjoying the new ride. Had to take it in to the Kawasaki dealer, as I found out yesterday from them, there is a recall to fix an ignition switch wiring problem, that could cause the bike to shut down completely, leaving me stranded. I am going to have them mount a new front tire while they have it, and check to make sure no other issues are about to crop up. I'm lovin how it rides though.:rider:

Last edited:
Back