• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

9th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride

Kshaw and I decided we couldn't wait till Sunday, leaving a day earlier and will be rolling in to Cloudcroft around 4-5pm Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you guys leaving from? I'm leaving from Live Oak early Sat morning and figured we could caravan up if you're in the area.

Where are you guys leaving from? I'm leaving from Live Oak early Sat morning and figured we could caravan up if you're in the area.

I live really close to you. I'm riding to Waco and we are trailering from there (he's from DFTW metroplex).

Last edited:
We're meeting in Waco at 6am. And then will be in Abilene around 10:30. Send me a PM if you want to meet up in one of those places.

Hey Ivan, looking forward to seeing and riding with you again! And trying to follow Sander.....I'll be there Monday morning early for my day in the saddle.

We're meeting in Waco at 6am. And then will be in Abilene around 10:30. Send me a PM if you want to meet up in one of those places.

Thanks for the offer. I think it's easier for me to take I-10 to Fort Stockton and head north to Artesia. See you guys up there.

Hey Ivan, looking forward to seeing and riding with you again! And trying to follow Sander.....I'll be there Monday morning early for my day in the saddle.

Same here Russ. It's going to be a good week, if it stays dry.

To avoid all the oilfield traffic between Ft. Stockon and Carlsbad we've been cutting up on US83 from I10 to Eden then to San Angelo, Big Spring, up to Lamesa and then on West, much more relaxing, less traffic and just a little bit further.

36102105296_e7cf22a7e5_b.jpg

A second option is to take a left in Big Spring to Andrews to Eunice, bypassing Carlsbad on 360 to Artesia but I've never gone that way.

Last edited:
Rain chances have decreased for the weekend .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170727-061657.jpg
    Screenshot_20170727-061657.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 218
Looks good to me. Can't wait to get out of the heat

Looking forward to stiring the dirt with y'all. I'll be at Aspendale again. Should get there late Friday or early Saturday.

You have my number. Call or text. My son Connor is back from China so he will be riding with us. He will be glad to see you. He is already there. We don't have any firm riding plans yet but I figure we want to get started somewhat early to beat the afternoon thunderstorm patterns.

No cell service at the cabin but I am not headed out until tomorrow around noon so will be on the grid for most of tomorrow. I will text you my land line at the cabin too.

Safe travels and see you there.

Rain chances have decreased for the weekend .

I may just lay in my hammock for the weekend. Looks like I will need a blankey. :lol2: Priceless! Ha, looking forward to getting out in the forest. Really have not ridden much at all since this Spring, should be fun.

If anyone is interested I'm planning on dinner Sunday night at Big Daddy's and Tuesday at the Western Bar for Taco Tuesday.

Probably won't make it until 7p either night.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yPDsSNf27s"]NM True TV - Season 5 - Episode 12: A Weekend in Cloudcroft - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Interesting video, I've never been to the area before. Looking forward to riding with some of you.

Dinner time

Attachments

• 20170730_192531.jpg
    20170730_192531.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 224
Back